Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

4th of July Hat

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Amazing hat Stoney. Amazing attention to detail on each of the hats you build. Have you thought about just selling these amazing custom liners you make? It is a detail you add that I haven't seen elsewhere. Really cool stuff:eusa_clap

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Stoney said:
Thanks again guys.

CJ,

I did see a couple of pins that would work for an Army hat, with a quick search on e-Bay. I just Searched for "ARMY Honorable" and Pin.

There was a green and white pin with a US Army Seal that had Honorable Discharge printed around the perimeter that looked pretty good in addition to a couple of others. I would love to see an Army tribute hat as well. Tom has the Air Force covered, are there any Marines or Coast Guard folks out there that could do one for their branch of service as well?

Edit:

Here is a photo of the Green Army Pin. It is 1" in diameter.

army-discharge.jpg
SWEET!:D

Stoney

Practically Family
Just what I was thinking CJ some shade close to a OD green.

Maybe with a Khaki ribbon.

Bart,

The liners are actually the easiest part of the process for me. I just use an Epson Printer , durabryte waterproof ink and Avery Iron on media. You just have to use a small iron and be careful not to scorch the liner when you iron it on. Then hand wash to soften it up. Finally a quick ironing to remove any wrinkles from the wash.

I'm sure that most anyone can do these liners at home as well. You just need an Epson printer , Avery transfer media and the right ink.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Colby Jack said:
Stoney...Thank you...:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap Now that would really go well with a dark moss Artlite!
That was my whole intent with my last one from Art, since I have Remembrance I wanted something for my Army time but never got to doing a pin.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Happy 4th everybody:eusa_clap and its always nice to take another peak at on of Stoneys creations. I'm thinkin'we will be seeing some nice hat pics from this weekend. I'll be wearing my new VS during our weekend in Seaside, OR.

Justdog

Practically Family
Class

Stoney said:
This is another hat that I hand crafted using the second of three hat bodies that Mike Moore was kind enough to give me to work with. Thanks again Mike. ;)

I wanted to have one ready for the 4th of July and was able to finish it in time.
I thought that wearing a Red White and Blue Fedora might look a little strange so I decided to theme the hat after my service in the US Navy. The hat body is Aircraft Carrier Grey with a deep blue, somewhere between Royal Blue and Navy Blue ribbon. Rather than add miniature medals to the hat I decided to use a simple US Navy Honorable Discharge pin.

Hat-Interior.jpg

Happy 4th of July and God bless us all.

Stoney

Class, imagination and style. Everything works perfect and is very classy in subtle understated detail. Beautiful sweat band and awesome liner. The profile of the crown reminds me of a destroyer bow as it sort of tapers up and forward over the base of the crown slightly. Perfect size brim. :eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe