Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

3 Lees, new from Danbury!

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Backstory: I purchased this
NewStrawOR.jpg
exquisite Stetson Panama from a lovely Lady in Ct. on eBay. As I often do I offhandedly inquired if she might have any others she would want to part with...BINGO!

She responds with several photos of fantastic lids. Then she tells me she is a fourth generation (at least) resident of Hat City USA, Danbury, Connecticut and has had hatters in her family as long as anyone remembers.

Long story shorter, she sold me these three wonderful, almost as new, Lees and has promised to copy some family photos of early 20th century hat factories there in Danbury and send them along. I will post them as soon as I can.

LeeAdventurefull.jpg

LEE Adventurer 2 1/4" brim. Most I have seen are 2 5/8"

LeeMediumBrown.jpg

LEE Strato-clone-o also 2 1/4" brim... I might just have get get used to a stingier brim!

LeeGenuinePanamaBluebandfull.jpg

LEE Panama. One of the few dyed vintage straws I have seen... killer-diller Pug, too.

I am one happy camper! :D

AlanC

Good grief, RB!! :eek:

Now I know why you were willing to part with that Playboy.

I know you'd posted it before, but that Stetson Panama is one of my favorite hats ever. I'm likely going to see if I can get one made like it.

Rick Blaine

I was hoping against hope those brims were 2 3/8" or greater, but it was not to be, nuts, oh well... The higher crown on the thin ribbon (or the perception of a higher crown due to the thin ribbon, perhaps) seems to somewhat offset the more narrow brim.

Oddly enough I just got around to examining the sweats and the Panama was either bound for or actually retailed from Miller's Men’s Shop here in Knoxville, not three miles from where I now sit...KISMET!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld