Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

100,000 Reward

DnSchlng

One of the Regulars
Ok so there isnt a reward, sorry[huh] , but I could really use some help. I am looking for a new hat to wear as a new field hat. I want to a cross between a cowboy hat and a safari hat. I want to convey those two different "personalities." Any suggestions?

Thankyou

DnSchlng

One of the Regulars
I actually thought that an open road would be great but it just looks like a regular cowboy hat on me. As for the stetson gun club, do they hold up well in the weather?

EVEN-STEVEN

One of the Regulars
"I want to a cross between a cowboy hat and a safari hat"

You need a Cowfari hat. They were manufactured by Stetsalino back in the late forties.:p

DnSchlng

One of the Regulars
Wow all this time i didnt actually want a safari hat or a cowboy hat i wanted a cowfari hat. That is very funny, I lovwe it.

univibe88

One Too Many
I agree that you should take a look at Akubra.

I noticed how the post doesn't specific exactly what the reward is. 100,000 of what? Everyone seems to assume dollars. But it could be 100,000 karma points for helping someone find a great hat. :D

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
I like what Mr. Danger said: Open Road. That style of hat drips of manliness and the outdoors. I have a real beater that I wear while outdoors and hiking.

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
thunderw21 said:
I like what Mr. Danger said: Open Road. That style of hat drips of manliness and the outdoors. I have a real beater that I wear while outdoors and hiking.
I wonder what uncle Jed wore? Can anyone tell what this hat may have been?
jed.jpg
[/IMG]

Naphtali

Practically Family
DnSchlng said:
Ok so there isnt a reward, sorry[huh] , but I could really use some help. I am looking for a new hat to wear as a new field hat. I want to a cross between a cowboy hat and a safari hat. I want to convey those two different "personalities." Any suggestions?

Thankyou
Akubra's "Banjo Patterson" appears to be a perfect fit -- sorry for the double entendre, couldn't resist.

retro50

Familiar Face
Naphtali said:
Akubra's "Banjo Patterson" appears to be a perfect fit --

I agree. I have one and it's the perfect outdoor/sun/rain hat and has a look that still allows it to be worn around town with style. BTW, Paterson with one "t":)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld