Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTT- Stetson 25 rebuilt by Optimo to the specs of their "MITCHUM" from '07 Size 7 3/8

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Detailed here: Optimo Cowboy Conversion

MitchumFedora-1.jpg

Optimo's Mitchum

Stetson_25_B4.jpg
DSC_0006.jpg
optimo25fr2.jpg
optimo25threequarters.jpg
optimo25sidetop.jpg

A lovely soft Stetson 25, 195o's I'm guessing. It is a soft & supple dress felt w/o H2o stains or insect activity.

Mr. Thompson retained the liner & replaced the sweat w/ a very soft russet colored roan glove leather, added the contrasting vintage grosgrain around the crown & matching on the bound the brim.

I have not worn this hat. It has been in the box, six years, since Graham sent it back to me. It is as "new" as a sixty plus year old hat gets.

It is a Grand hat & it REALLY belongs to someone who will WEAR it!
Since then, I have zeroed in on my style, and this doesn't go, it grieves me to say. This is (now) a cosmopolitan hat & I am more of a rustic, provincial.

I could make $$$ for eBay & PP. But I would like to keep this one "in the community", as it were. I have an admittedly odd attachment for some reason.

I would like to trade (& only trade) it for a very specific & keenly felt number of deficits in my collection.

To wit; VG - EX condition (as is the above), sizes 7 3/8 - 7 1/2 w/ brims 2 3/8"-3" of the following:

Stetson Vita-Felt, thin ribbon

Stetson Nutria, thin ribbon

Stetson clear beaver/7x thin ribbon

Vintage Whippet

A Bantam, Zephyr, "Hank-a-chief", or featherweight. Any maker.

...and naturally -Stetson OR/Strat style 50 or 100.

More photos pending.

I know this may be a stretch, but there ya' have it. [huh]
Gimmie a holler if this is of interest.
Thanks

Last edited:

Geldoc

One of the Regulars
Graham really did a gorgeous job on this hat, Rick, as appreciated by many of us FL'ers. I was told by Optimo that they are discouraging production of the Mitchum because it has (again, this was said to me) too much of a stove pipe look. As an alternative they recommended the Dearborn. So, Rick, you've truly got a unique one here. Let us know if and when it's up for sale.
Best D

DJH

I'll Lock Up
That's a great hat RB - if we were the same size we could do a deal for sure.

You've given me an idea though, I just happen to have a western style 25 kicking around here that would be perfect for a conversion like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe