Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTB: A-4 USAAF Flight Suit

lt508th

New in Town
Hey all! I'm in the market for an original or reproduction WWII USAAF A-4 flight suit in size 44 or 46. If you have one in good wearable condition that you want to sell, please contact me at lt508th@gmail.com with asking price and pictures. Thanks! ~ Tim

lt508th

New in Town
A-4 Flight Suit

Mike, Thank you for the opinion on the WPG flight suit. I have been considering one of those, however, I haven't spoken to anyone who actually owns one. So, it's nice to hear that you have one and are happy with it. I'm going to give it a few more days, but if I don't turn up anything original or used (repro) looks like I'll be calling Jerry Lee! Thanks again! ~ Tim

Mike K.

One Too Many
It's not often that you find an original WWII flight suit in the sizes you're seeking - most ran significantly smaller - lots of size 36, etc. Also, the originals often run a bit smaller than the stated size. For example if you take a modern 44 you would actually want a WWII size 46. There weren't too many airmen that size. Another thing I have found is that original flight suits usually have rather short sleeves, even for an appropriate chest size that fits you.

With the WPG reproductions you would want to order your normal size (the arms will also fit right).

lt508th

New in Town
A-4 Flight Suit

Mike, Once again, thanks for the information, it's very kind of you to provide so much input! I had the opportunity to look at an original size 40 flight suit a few evenings ago. Along the lines of what you were saying with regards to fit, I was struck by how short the sleeves were and it truly seemed like a size 40: no over-sizing at all! I wear a size 46L suit coat and 36" trousers, so I am used to shopping around for the right fit. OK, I think that I am sold, a WPG A-4 it is! Thanks again for all of the input Mike! ~ Tim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe