Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Quelquefois

New in Town
RetroModelSari said:
:) I saw it as a child when it came out and loved it!

I've actually never had the luck of watching it until now and I think it's a good thing because I don't think I would have appreciated the humour or environment as much if I had first watched it when I was younger.

All I remember is having this geeky (I hope it's still around to find in my house) elastic belt with Roger's mug on it.

MissHuff

A-List Customer
I was just talking about this movie the other day. My friend was showing me some photos from her latest shoot and there's one that was completely a Jessica Rabbit pose. One of my all-time favorite movie lines ever "I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way." lol LOOVE IT. When I was younger that's who I wanted to grow up to be.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
All animation, and I do mean ALL animation in that film was done by hand.

There was a real effort to do so, to stay true to the era and style of the craft. As an animatior (2D) I hold my hand to my heart and say thank you. :)

LD

JazzBaby

Practically Family
Love this movie! Bob Hoskins did a great job acting with an invisible 'buddy' and the clothes are gorgeous.

Did you know that Jessica is actually based on some of the great Hollywood starlets? I saw it on TV once - I think her bust is based on Rita Heyworths, her hair on Veronica Lake (of course!) and her attitude on Lauren Bacall.

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
JazzBaby said:
Love this movie! Bob Hoskins did a great job acting with an invisible 'buddy' and the clothes are gorgeous.

Did you know that Jessica is actually based on some of the great Hollywood starlets? I saw it on TV once - I think her bust is based on Rita Heyworths, her hair on Veronica Lake (of course!) and her attitude on Lauren Bacall.

And Kathleen Turner's voice was perfect for the character as well.

And it's on Showtime Saturday 01/20 at 6 am, Thursday 01/25 at 4 am for anyone who hasn't seen it recently.

CharlieH.

One Too Many
This has been my favourite movie for as far as I can remember. The blend between animation and live action is so perfect, it's almost miraculous; not only was all the animation done by hand, but so was everything else. And there's no doubt that the setting is part of the enchatment - I still get a strong sighing fit when I see that flyover of the street where Eddie lives at sunset (no, not the avenue).

And another thing- Jessica's performance at the Ink & Paint club is, in my opinion, the greatest animated scene ever, and I'm still baffled by one small detail - how the heck could a cartoon character pull out a real pocket square and use it to rub a real bald guy's head? (I actually have a clue, but knowing it for certain would banish the magic of it all.)

JazzBaby

Practically Family
That is a great scene, and let's not forget the song - "Why Don't You Do Right?" Brilliant.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Mike in Seattle said:
And Kathleen Turner's voice was perfect for the character as well.

And it's on Showtime Saturday 01/20 at 6 am, Thursday 01/25 at 4 am for anyone who hasn't seen it recently.
I totally agree with you Mike. Kathleen Turner's voice was great. This movie was a lot of fun to watch and hear. It was on today, in the late morning. I had thought about posting about it, and when I went to do so, here was this thread! I guess we all are watching the same pay channels.

CharlieH. said:
This has been my favourite movie for as far as I can remember. The blend between animation and live action is so perfect, it's almost miraculous; not only was all the animation done by hand, but so was everything else. And there's no doubt that the setting is part of the enchatment - I still get a strong sighing fit when I see that flyover of the street where Eddie lives at sunset (no, not the avenue).

And another thing- Jessica's performance at the Ink & Paint club is, in my opinion, the greatest animated scene ever, and I'm still baffled by one small detail - how the heck could a cartoon character pull out a real pocket square and use it to rub a real bald guy's head? (I actually have a clue, but knowing it for certain would banish the magic of it all.)

I love this scene too!

MikeBravo

One Too Many
It was a pretty pioneering movie all told.

I believe Willow is officially the first CGI movie, but the art of talking to animated characters was in it's infancy

Bob Hoskins was one of the first human actors to have to work talking to tennis balls to represent the characters involved

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe