Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

White flannel trousers

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
We'll see just how the condition actually is on these, but for the price of $0.99 plus 7 shipping, in a size that should work, I can't lose.
gatsbypants.jpg

gatsbypants1.jpg

Marty M.

Vendor
Ready for spots?

I've been thinking a lot about white flannels for myself this fall. I'm looking forward to your follow up with pictures.
Marty Mathis

Marty M.

Vendor
Fall Schmall.

StanleyVanBuren said:
Isn't there a thing about not wearing white in fall? Or does this not apply to trousers -- what is the rule here?
Not according to Laurence Fellows or Leslie Saalburg. They always illustrated fabulous Fall and early Winter outfits in White Flannel. Personally, I put more creed into them, then any designer out there now. That's a fact Jack (I mean Stanley).
Marty Mathis

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
DanielJones said:
That's a nice looking pair of trousers. I wish I could find stuff like that around my size. Alas, the search goes on.;)

Cheers!

Dan

I bought a pair which looked just like that (and advertised as vintage)on eBay a few years back.
Very '20s-ish, with the narrower leg, as above.
But they were actually modern!
Wool flannel, classic, almost military cut, button fly but inside- a lot of overlocking and hems stitched with very fine nylon monofilament.

They are out there and they are uniform trousers.

B
T

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
StanleyVanBuren said:
Isn't there a thing about not wearing white in fall? Or does this not apply to trousers -- what is the rule here?

Those are probably OK with the "white only between Memorial Day and Labor Day" rule from days of yore, because the appear to be more an ivory or "winter white." It's the blindingly white that's whiter than white the rule applies, or at least applied, to.

Cobden

Practically Family
I've always wanted a pair of white flannel's; shame no-one makes them anymore. Grey's find-able, but never seen white

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Cobden said:
I've always wanted a pair of white flannel's; shame no-one makes them anymore. Grey's find-able, but never seen white

I was talking to David Saxby(the London Tailor) at Bertie Wooster in January and I asked him about the same- he will be making a full-fitting "white flannel trouser" but they will be in his top-hole moleskin rather than wool.
Price...? much. But not too much.

B
T

Anthony Jordan

Practically Family
Very nice trousers!

On currently availability, I think some of the more up-market London sports outfitters do them, or did until recently - I recall a friend of mine telling me about an argument he had had with his grandfather about them, taking him into a shop, and the latter being astounded at the price!

This store also offers a "washable flannel": http://www.grasscourt.com/bin/store.cgi?category=slacks

As a matter of fact I wore my white flannels yesterday, with a 4x8 navy blazer and white buckskin shoes - and highly enjoyed it!

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Cricketing Creams

I bought a lovely pair back in the 80s ...vintage they were too... and now gone to the big vintage swap meet in the sky....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust