Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Which One Fits Better?

clayman03

New in Town
I thought it was a good time to replace my old barn jacket. Which one do you think fits better? Lay or second.
B3A536C5-F061-4755-AD61-AE7745F70168.jpeg
DA104929-881D-4FD9-91A7-C01F24A8CB31.jpeg

Bennarion

One Too Many
Almost both jackets look the same.

The second jacket fits well in the shoulders and the sleeve length is as it should be

Last edited:

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
The bigger jacket has wider shoulder that actually gives you a much better look as everyone has already said. A bit longer sleeve but cuff is normal for coats imo.
The smaller jacket has narrower shoulder that will make the hem look / \ bell shaped, the upside is you get shorter sleeve length and sort of a vintage bell shape fit.
Maybe take a look at the Carhartt jacket it might work as well as your larger size coat but a bit shorter lengths.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Both are fine to wear as is but I prefer the look of the first, no big fan of that bell-shaped fit that‘s going on with the second one.

floater

New in Town
Second likely fits better but first kinda looks better oversized and doesn’t really make you look any shorter, but I think I’d be worthwhile looking at the back as well, and also consider if it’s mostly gonna be worn open or closed

Last edited:

bigmanbigtruck

A-List Customer
The second one fits you better in the chest and shoulders but blows up at the waist - unfortunately making you resemble a snowman.

While the first one is slightly oversized, it looks more proportional and is the better fit imo

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
I would not worry about it too much, slight nod to the second one, since I like them slightly darker.

LC King offers several of this style, mostly made in USA but likely more $$$ than you are looking at for the LL Bean offerings.

Last edited:

Bfd70

I'll Lock Up
Are you gonna work in it? 1st looks better but those sleeves aren’t gonna work for labor. Maybe take it to a tailor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld