Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where To Buy a New Hat

BayouBeard

New in Town
So I've decided on the hat...now where to get it from (online...as I have ZERO hat shops nearby). I've called Delmonico Hatters in New Haven, CT with some questions and they've been super nice and very helpful. Would they be a good choice, or is there better online hat shops out there?

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Jeff at Delmonico is a great guy and a good Lounge member - you can't go wrong buying from him.

Gigi at HatWrx in Nashville is cool too and Bencraft in NYC is owned by another good Lounge guy.

I like these people, but have never bought from any of them - since I wear a small hat size, I can usually get a vintage hat pretty easily, if needed.

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
Delmonico shipped my Stetson real fast, and they have some of the fairest prices around. Like DJH said, great guy to deal with.

Fed in a Fedora

Practically Family
They have the reputation of being a good hatter. They spend time with people and have an impressive array of hats at good prices from what I have seen.

Which hat got your attention?

Fed

BayouBeard

New in Town
Sounds like Delmonico it is.

I really like the Stetson Chatham. The crown height and shape are perfect. I was worried about the brim being too wide...but after posting some photos wearing one...the great advice here has since convinced me otherwise. This will be my first fedora so I was a little hesitant.

Bushman

I'll Lock Up

I really like the Stetson Chatham. The crown height and shape are perfect. I was worried about the brim being too wide...but after posting some photos wearing one...the great advice here has since convinced me otherwise. This will be my first fedora so I was a little hesitant.

The Chatham was actually the aforementioned Stetson I bought tom Jeff. It's a really nice hat.

BayouBeard

New in Town
Bushman...I was curious if the Chatham that you ordered from Delmonico came with the Stetson pin or with the sewn in the ribbon Stetson tag.

KingAndrew

A-List Customer
I have ordered from Delmonico and have nothing but good things to say about the experience. Another online retailer who gave me great service was Hats Direct--a prime source for Akubra hats.

89quattro

One of the Regulars
My experience with Delmonico didn't go well. The Temple I received had some very obvious issues with the ribbon tacking and positioning. Return processing was a bit slow, I had to call them a few days after they received it back to have them process the return in their system and credit my Amex. I went ahead and bought the hat from Village Hats for $35 less (holiday discount promo) which I received in proper shape.

Hats Direct did a great job with my Campdraft. Painless process with great communication.

WesternHatWearer

A-List Customer
So I've decided on the hat...now where to get it from (online...as I have ZERO hat shops nearby). I've called Delmonico Hatters in New Haven, CT with some questions and they've been super nice and very helpful. Would they be a good choice, or is there better online hat shops out there?

Depending on where you live in Alabama and the hat you are seeking you may be able to get your hat at some shops in Atlanta. This may a bit late, but incase you go in search again.

JoeyC

One of the Regulars

Have ordered several hats from DelMonico's over the years, never had a problem. I recently placed an order with Jeff for a Excellent Strat. Great people to deal with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe