Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Where do I wear this

Grinder

New in Town
Silly question coming.

Scored one of these at TK Maxx for a lot less than RRP (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RALPH-LAUREN-...temQQimsxq20091115?IMSfp=TL091115158001r32498)
Apologies for the link - pics are at the bottom - haven't managed to get my own pics up yet.

So - where can I wear one of these, apart from around the house when the boiler fails - without looking like a twat. Or is it simply a fashion statment.
I imaging anyone using this for hunting or shooting has incredibly clean horses or a butler to keep the guns clean...

Grinder

New in Town
Nick D said:
Outdoor recreation, with or without the valet.

Could do but the goat suede is so fine I'd hate to foul it or damage it.

It is a wonderfully luxurious piece of kit even if the tab says "made in china".
The newer range from RL don't have the neck straps and maybe be better for that but I really wonder who pays out full price for these.
One trip to the Rolex Clay Pigeon shoot and then off to the charity shop.

Edward

Bartender
Grinder said:
I really wonder who pays out full price for these.
One trip to the Rolex Clay Pigeon shoot and then off to the charity shop.

You're probably not far off there. Bear in mind that there are folks out there who do regularly pay the full retail on the likes of a Burberry trenchcoat (currently in the region of GBP800).

Grinder

New in Town
Edward said:
You're probably not far off there. Bear in mind that there are folks out there who do regularly pay the full retail on the likes of a Burberry trenchcoat (currently in the region of GBP800).

Never could get my head around Burberry - too chavvy and you have to wonder where Chavs get the money to buy them.

At the time I purchased it I didn't even cop the RRP. I was looking for a decent fleece to keep the cold out. Took a look later and it was reduced from 3600PLN to something less than 500PLN.

Now if only someone would discount A2's and B6's by the same factor :D

Somehow I think we're a while off seeing Aero or Eastman in TK Maxx...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe