Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What would you call this hat?

S

Samsa

Looks like a pretty standard fedora with a wide brim to me...

akaBruno

Suspended
OK... let me try to make a long story shorter.

I'm watchin this movie "Hannibal" and I fall in love w/ Tony Hopkin's Black Fedora. I google it and all everyone wants to talk about is what a crappy white straw, he wore in the movie.

I have this crappy Lite Felt. 3" back brim, 2 1/2 front. I was gonna toss it in a Goodwill bin. But, then after seeing Tony in that hat...

I reversed it. Stretched it on my favorite clay flower pot. Gave it a center crease and a slight lite pinch (still rounded up front). And nailed that look in the pic. http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0212985/Ss/0212985/H-1.jpg?path=gallery&path_key=0212985

The only problem was the color. A can of enamel spray paint did the trick. Stiffened that floppy lite felt wool right up. :D

Sorry but, my camera is off to a wedding in Kansas. Expect some pix though. I'm lovin this hat.

Now, all I need is a shiney black ribbon. :D

BRUNO

akaBruno

Suspended
Art Fawcett said:
Have you considered black duct tape? might look good with the enamel..

I've used duck tape to clean lint, before. But, this hat deserves some o' that real shiney ribbon like ya see on Christmas presents.

So, as long as you're following this thread, Art ??? Tell me what you really think of that hat that Anthony Hopkins wore in the movie. That black one.

I know that it's tapered and all that. But, I thought it looked too cool. http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0212985/Ss/0212985/H-1.jpg?path=gallery&path_key=0212985

I have one that looks just like it, now. :D

BRUNO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld