Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What was the last TV show you watched?

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
+1 - one of the best mini-series ever. That said, if you haven't read the novel, my humble advice would be to stop, read the novel and, then, enjoy the mini-series. Herman Wouk, again IMHO, wrote his best book with this one.

I tried to read the novel years ago and abandoned it; not sure why now.

I tried to read the novel years ago and abandoned it; not sure why now.

If you can, give it one more shot - it might just not have been the right time for you - it is one of my favorite books (good history, good story , good writing - not literature in the "English Lit" sense, but damn good read).

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
Full Custom Garage. Shame this series does not have a big fallowing. I guess, most TV viewers want lots of four letter words and fights.
That's why UFC is so popular, lowest common denominator! Ian is building a cartoon truck along the lines of Big Daddy Roth. He is very talented, amazing sculpture on four wheels!

Had the same feeling when I watched "Titanic" movie on the telly the other nite for the first time ! :p

"Titanic" was horribly disappointing. Here you have a story that has it all: hubris, history, technology, greed, failure of leadership, the sea, panic, heroism, cowardice, investigations, cover-ups. But instead, they dominate the picture with a fake and trite class warfare story seen through a 1990s' lens with a cardboard bad (of course) rich guy and a too-good-to-be-true (of course) poor boy who saves the girl. Give me a break. Tell the original story from a fresh angle with new insight, but to degrade it by using a standard Hollywood trope was pathetic.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
"Titanic" was horribly disappointing. Here you have a story that has it all: hubris, history, technology, greed, failure of leadership, the sea, panic, heroism, cowardice, investigations, cover-ups. But instead, they dominate the picture with a fake and trite class warfare story seen through a 1990s' lens with a cardboard bad (of course) rich guy and a too-good-to-be-true (of course) poor boy who saves the girl. Give me a break. Tell the original story from a fresh angle with new insight, but to degrade it by using a standard Hollywood trope was pathetic.

This movie was the most expensive production ever for 1997. And I agree with your assessment.

I also read movie reviews by the critics. Most wrote favorable reviews.

Perhaps...they watched another "Titanic" made in 1997...[huh]

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Last Days Of The NAZIs. A very well done documentary, from of all people, The History Channel!

I watched about an hour of it on Tuesday night. Will have to watch the rest online at some point. I was surprised that The History Channel actually had HISTORY on it!

I watched about an hour of it on Tuesday night. Will have to watch the rest online at some point. I was surprised that The History Channel actually had HISTORY on it!

No aliens involved? :p
341433_1322479491_large.jpg

Worf

I'll Lock Up
^^^^ Yeah it must be sweeps week. Ancient aliens everywhere... found one in my laundry basket this mornin', devil of a time gettin' it out. Pesky buggers.

Worf

CBS News Sunday morning. A couple interesting segments. One on paperweights as art featuring contemporary paperweight artist Paul Stankard. Seventy five thousand dollar paperweight, anyone? The other was on cowboy cook Kent Rollins, who said he was a vegetarian. "Cows eat grass and I eat cows."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe