Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Walt Disney's casual jacket...

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Does anybody have an idea as to what the jacket is that Walt is wearing In these photos?

WaltElais.jpg

Walt_Pic4.JPG

Disney_land.JPG

Thanks for any input.

Cheers!

Dan

Flitcraft

One Too Many
Pendleton, maybe....

The first picture almost looks like one of the Pendleton "Hollywood" jackets, but in the second and third pictures, it looks more like an unstructured sportcoat.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
1940's loafer jacket

Looks like a single-colour loafer jacket, or Hollywood jacket as they became later known. Kramer sometimes wore a dark reddish-brown one like it on "Seinfeld".

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Here is another shot of the jacket. It has buttoned cuffs for a snug fit and it looks to be a zip up. Do any of you have images if the jackets that you mentioned for comparison?

walt-drawbridge.jpg

Thanks for your input, it is greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Dan

Salv

One Too Many
DanielJones said:
Here is another shot of the jacket. It has buttoned cuffs for a snug fit and it looks to be a zip up. Do any of you have images if the jackets that you mentioned for comparison?

Thanks for your input, it is greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Dan

I don't think it's a zip-up - the second photo in your first post shows what looks just like a button hole at chest height, and I think he has it buttoned up in that most recent photo. At first I thought he was wearing a buttoned-up cardigan or waistcoat under the jacket, but I'm sure that dark area is the shadow of his head, and those buttons are from the jacket. That second photo also made me think it may be leather - it has a leathery sheen to it - and it certainly looks like leather in your most recent photo, especially on that left sleeve. None of which helps identify the jacket though...

Salv

One Too Many
jml90 said:
Am I missing an important factor here? This is what I am seeing
52399_27

Hmm, not really - too long, and the pockets are wrong. If Walt had his arms straight his sleeves would only be a couple of inches away from the hem of the jacket.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
That, and the cuffs are a button down type, like on a safari shirt. Nice try though.
Good eye Salv, I wasn't too sure if that was a button or a part of the microphone Walt had in his hand or a button from the sweater. But it looks like he ahs it just buttoned at the waist only.

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally