Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Walt Disney Treasures: The Complete Goofy

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
I just picked this one up. My Pop & I used to love watching these on Sundays durring the Wonderful World of Disney. The Goofy cartoons were ones he would get a big kick out of, and so I carry on the love of Goofy. They range from 1939 to 1961.
B00006II6N.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Those are some great childhood memories, even if they were re-runs for me.;)

Cheers!

Dan

Haversack

One Too Many
My memories of watching _The Wonderful World of Color_ are tinged by the very specific time-slot it had every Sunday night. It was preceded by Lassie, (sponsored by Campbell's Soup), and followed by Bonanza. We never watched Lassie but I always switched it on at the very end to see the animated Campbell's Kids. Bonanza was on too late but I did get to watch the burning map intro to the show. I always watched TWWC in the hopes that would be a cartoon, but I still watched it regardless. One story they did, (part of that great unit Disney had working in Britain) was _The Scarecrow of Romney Marsh_. It gave me nightmares for weeks. I'm planning on making such a head-covering for Halloween this year and see how many people my age I disturb.

I also have the Complete Goofy. We saw a lot of them in school, particularly the driver's education ones. Item of note: The ski lodge in the skiing shorts is a real place. It is the Sugar Bowl Lodge located in Norden. Disney was one of the original backers of it back in the 1930s. One of the mountains there is Mount Disney and the cable car which is used to get to the lodge is mechanically the same as the old cable car from Fantasyland to Tomorrowland at Disneyland.

Haversack.

Nathan Dodge

One Too Many
I bought my wife the Rarities: Celebrated Shorts Treasures and it includes that great "Old MacDonald" cartoon which really is the Bee's Knees!

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Marc Chevalier said:
The question of questions: why could Goofy (the dog) walk on two legs and talk, while Pluto (the dog) could not?

I've always wondered about this too. Some dogs are anthropomorphic, and some dogs are,...uhh, just dogs. [huh]
This was also the case with Warner Bros. cartoons as well.

Was it the same in Toontown in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"?

(Goofy rules, by the way. Probably my all time favorite Disney character.) :)

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
The family sat sown and watched several of these this weekend. Our 7 year old absolutely loves the "Learning to Fly" short, where Goofy sings, "High, high, up in the Sky". Heard him last night singing it in the shower. Too funny.:) Another youth hooked by Goofy. Made for a great family bonding moment.

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally