Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage traveling kit

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Thank you gentlemen. The picture could be Lana Turner, but that small of an image it's hard to tell. As for using it, you bet. I have a vintage looking Mach 3 razor handle that will go well in it.
Yes indeed, it's great finding deadstock in mint to near mint condition. It was something that was meant to be used and never got to.

Cheers!

Dan

GearHead

One of the Regulars
My Find!

Inspired by your find I started looking on ebay for a vintage travel kit and came across this one I just won.

Vintage Travel Kit

I'll use my vintage style mach III razor with it as well on the upcoming trips I have over the next couple of months.

Erick

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
GearHead said:
Inspired by your find I started looking on ebay for a vintage travel kit and came across this one I just won.

Vintage Travel Kit

I'll use my vintage style mach III razor with it as well on the upcoming trips I have over the next couple of months.

Erick

Nice find GearHead! :eusa_clap I was eyeballing that one too and decided on the one I got. There was another that had all chrome accessories that looked pretty neat as well. Nobody bid on that one. The one with the vintage photos seem to add a little extra plus to the item. But I'll have to air mine out a bit, it came from a smokers home. It may have sat in a closet for 50 years but the smell still got to it. I don't think that it'll take that much though. A little hand sanitizer bath on a couple of the items and a good liberal use of Picards on the leather should bring it to a very usable level.
Again, good one GearHead!

Cheers!

Dan

Willi_Goat

One of the Regulars
DanielJones said:
Hey folks,

Just won this on Elrond-Bay. It's a vintage toiletry kit from around the 1940's. Aparently never used. It looks to be one of those things that was a gift but the receiver thought it was too nice to mess up so he just put it away for me to find.;)
http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-MENS-TOILETRY-SET-LEATHER-CELLUIOD-COMPLETE_W0QQitemZ250016299359QQihZ015QQcategoryZ4155QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Can't wait to see what the items really look like.

Cheers!

Dan

I picked up one like that a few months ago. I am not sure how old it is. All the containers are chrome plated, except for a couple that look like they may be for pills or the like.

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Those are both really cool finds!

I wonder if eBay tracks these kinds of things? "Whoa, Bill. Big run on vintage toiletry kits. Word must have gotten around on the Fedora Lounge again."

I think that's what happened when Hemingway first posted his awesome Gladstone bag. I still haven't been able to snag one of those!

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Mojave Jack said:
I think that's what happened when Hemingway first posted his awesome Gladstone bag. I still haven't been able to snag one of those!
Well, Mojave, I bought that bag at Marshalls! But thanks just the same.

Like many of you, I will be looking for one of these. I am sure there are contemporary versions, but where is the romance in that?

GearHead

One of the Regulars
Hopefully mine doesn't smell too bad and with a little cleaning should work out nice.
The old photo does add that nice little touch but I guess I should swap it for my wifes photo. ;)

Erick

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Hemingway Jones said:
Well, Mojave, I bought that bag at Marshalls! But thanks just the same.

Like many of you, I will be looking for one of these. I am sure there are contemporary versions, but where is the romance in that?

Actually there are plenty of vintage travel kits to be had in un-used condition on OFAS. The trick is to be picky on which one that you want. Very few get bid on and they usually sell with only one bid. The ones with the cellulose containers are pretty neat as are the ones with the chrome containers.

Cheers!

Dan

GearHead

One of the Regulars
I acutally do photography on the side and even use a Graflex Speedgraphic press camera as well.
I just have to get something vintage for her to wear.

Erick

Willi_Goat

One of the Regulars
Here's Mine

Here are some photos of the one I picked up a few months ago. It came with a really light weight Gillette safety razor, which I replaced with my Merkur Long Classic. It also had the two Blue Gillette Blades in it as well, although I do not plan on using those.

I have no idea who J.A.G. is, but I do thank him for a nice kit.
IMG_6469.jpg

IMG_6474.jpg

I will have to work on Photoshopping a photo of my fiance into B&W or sepia to put in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally