Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Two New ANJ-4's

Plumbline

One Too Many
1st One I blame John Lever for - he raved so much about these I hunted this one down - Eastman 44" - 2nd hand .... amazing jacket, lightish fleece, brown horse facings, very supple, amazing construction (the best fitting and most comfortable ANJ-4 I have ever tried .. fits like a glove and amazingly comfortable !)

IMG_0348_zps741ad903.jpg

IMG_0349_zps45d780ca.jpg

2nd One - exchange for my 44" from Aero ( thanks Holly :) ) 42" in antique sheepskin with vintage horsehide facings. GREAT fit still a little stiff as it's new ... I really like the worn effect and I thought the 44" was a good fit, this is MUCH better, snugger ( no comments at the back about half belts please). Sheepskin is MUCH thicket than the Eastman ... very reminiscent of my Lost Worlds B-3 .... really looking forward to seeing how it wears in.

Both excellent jackets IMHO ... just thought you'd like to see them :)

IMG_0350_zpsfa348522.jpg

IMG_0351_zpsd59ff09e.jpg

Plumbline

One Too Many
the eastman is far too big for you,,,,,,,do you want to sell it,,,,;)

for everything there is a price Peter :D ..... haven't had it off since I got it though, so comfy ...... I didn't think I could better my Aero 44" but this one does ( as does the Aero 42" .. although by a narrower margin due to the fit which is neater in the waist).

Aero will have a GREAT 44" ANJ-4 on their used pages soon ..... it fits a little large, just how I like them :D :D :D

Choices, choices :D :D

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Two VERY good looking jackets. But as Boyo once pointed out to me... "you got more jackets than you do winter!" I REALLY like the look and fit of that Aero, out standing... score! Wear them in good health.

Worf

Peter Mackin

One Too Many
for everything there is a price Peter :D ..... haven't had it off since I got it though, so comfy ...... I didn't think I could better my Aero 44" but this one does ( as does the Aero 42" .. although by a narrower margin due to the fit which is neater in the waist).

Aero will have a GREAT 44" ANJ-4 on their used pages soon ..... it fits a little large, just how I like them :D :D :D

Choices, choices :D :D
im going to aero next week.will look at your jacket when im there..pm me if your gonna move the eastman..i just sold my b3 to a guy in denmark so funds burning a hole in my pocket..

Edward

Bartender
Both great looking jackets. Interesting how much more fitted the Aero 42 is (I can't claim to know which is more accurate to the original). Having the pair must be nice so you're covered for both the days where you don't want a sweater as well (and therefore can get away with a snugger jacket), and the days where you don't need one. I've got a LW B3 too (cracking jacket, wearing it today), and an ELC 42 pattern Irvin, but if ever funds allow I'd love one of these too.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Given the variation in fleece thickness, what would you say the difference is in terms of warmth between the two is?

Plumbline

One Too Many
The Aero will be very slightly warmer .. it's slightly thicker, longer and a bit neater fitting ... but thats like saying which will be warmer a 45 TOG duvet or a 45.5 TOG duvet. Both are jackets for the serious cold .... and they are both mighty fine:D

The Eastman is better put together ( lined pockets, stud fasteners, single piece back etc. ) but the Aero has a VERY NICE feel to it ... a bit rougher and less sleek with almost a less "perfect" feel. I like them both very much. The Eastman "FEELS" better on .. but I think the Aero "LOOKS" better on :D

Bluishsmoke

New in Town
Nice jackets, Plumbline. I am interested in getting a Eastman ANJ-4. Can you tell me your height and weight? I am not sure whether a 42 or 44 would be better. Thanks.

Plumbline

One Too Many
5'8" and 190lbs of relaxed muscle :D

Chest 43"
Waist 36" ( 34"W, 30"L Levis 501's preshrunk not shrink to fit .. which is what's being worn in the photo if that helps! )

HTH

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Right way up.

There ya go Plumber! Right way up.
The Easty looks a little too wide across the shoulders but you say you like it like that so no problem.
Are they used examples? The Eastman looks like their earlier version, the best version I think.
You also turn back the cuffs as I also do.

IMG_0348_zpsfdd18797.jpg

Is that one of Paddy's bomb tags?

IMG_0349_zps6c7cfc58.jpg

IMG_0350_zps65cb7b06.jpg

IMG_0351_zpsdd3f80f3.jpg

How about surface wear? The early Eastmans were not that great, dont know if they have improved on this.
Heres mine.

P5080001.jpg

P5080003.jpg

Plumbline

One Too Many
It is an earlier one ... no wear on the sheepskin at all. It looks loose but doesn't "feel" loose ..... it feels amazing. The Aero feels neat ... but looks amazing IMHO. I think the Eastman ANJ is the "nicest" ANJ ... I have to agree with John... although it's a close thing between that and the LW ( that was an amazing jacket ... but I think the goat facings would be much better than the horse which I had which always felt stiff).

Yep .. one of Paddy's bomb tag ... and a capri bell on the Aero ( I have had these on various jackets .. I bought 3 or 4 some time ago)

Thanks for putting the pics the right way round .. I'll get the hang of this pic posting thing eventually :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82