Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This cannot arrive too soon...

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I am more than a little surprised (& eternally grateful) that none of my fellow Loungers went after this one too hard, 'cause I was most determined to acquire this;
70_1.JPG

I am truly incredulous that this failed to go any higher than fifty bucks... it has everything (seemingly) going for it, wide brim, high crown, new or nearly so & a nice darker gray...
4d_1.JPG
anyway I'll post some photos when I get it, bash it & wear it!

Regards,

Rick

Kevin Popejoy

One of the Regulars
Rick Blaine said:
I am more than a little surprised (& eternally grateful) that none of my fellow Loungers went after this one too hard, 'cause I was most determined to acquire this;

:eusa_clap I looked at that Rick, I'm glad you got it. I stayed my hand though, basically because I picked up a Stetson Deluxe a little bit ago in about the same shade.

I'll have to say I really like that Dobbs though. I have one just like it but in an olive drab with dark green band. It gets a lot of wear.

Cheers, Kevin

Wild Root

Gone Home
That's fantastic!

Wow Rick, I'm happy for ya! That is a nice Dobb's and trust me, the wide brimmed ones are hard to find! I can't wait to see the photos after you've made it your own!

Nothing like getting the steam iron out and putting in a nice hand block! Ahhh, can't wait till my hat comes in the mail!:D

=WR=

R

Red Beard

That's a fine looking hat. I've been looking for one just like it, with the wide brim in dark gray. Not easy to come across...

Good find!

DOUGLAS

That is a beauty. Congrats Rick. This is the typical shape that I am interested in getting. An unmolested hat is the best. You scored a goal.

Kentucky Blues

A-List Customer
I don't want to scare you, but it looks very much like my most recently aquired hat, which had a much smaller brim than I expected (thats the part that might be scary..). However I do love the hat, and I'm sure you'll love yours no matter what :) (they look almost like the same hat, except different color, lol)

Wild Root

Gone Home
I think you're right KB, looking at the brim; it looks like a normal sized brim. I have a Knox with a brim about that width... I love that hat! It's not a narrow brim but, a standard width... you'll like it very much!!!

=WR=

Rick Blaine

Re: Brim

Yeah, after all is said & done, I find myself gravitating toward 2 5/8"as the ideal brim width for my face/build/stature... tho' recently, I have found myself in new hats as stingy as 2 1/4" and as wide as 3 1/4"... those are headed for the auction block & the brim trimmer, respectively.

Rick Blaine

Not really

Wild Root said:
If they're vintage wide brims, don't trim'em! You could get some good money off of them... they're getting hard to find!;)

=WR=

... it was this NOS Stetson 25 that was sold to me as an OR ... :rage: (I know, I know, I should've looked a little closer...DUH):eusa_doh:
stetson25.jpg

... it will be on its way to OPTIMO in Chicago to be transformed into something resembling this:
46_fedoralarge.jpg

it is awesome felt, worthy of being worn...and often... but I would never wear the cowboy version... just one of my idiosyncrasies... cowboy hats are far more common 'round here (especially towards Nashville) than fedoras, just not on my head. ;)

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
So you're the one that got it. Congratulations! I half heartedly went after it, but decided I had spent enough on hats for now. That one will be smashing!:eusa_clap Good catch, at least a Lounger got it.

Cheers!

Dan

jml90

One of the Regulars
I almost bid on that
But, changed my mind when I didn't feel like streching it two sizes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally