Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things must be quiet on the bay

Mk Vb

New in Town
It certainly is down here Doctor...many Australians won't bid on your stuff unless you start the auction at .99c because they hope to get it for as close to that figure as possible! Everyone loves a bargain, but I constantly have to re-list stuff because no-one down here wants to pay what it's worth, particularly on military vintage gear. And then when no-one bids on your stuff, the vultures start sending you questions via ebay with ridiculous low-ball offers...
I, like many others enjoy collecting and wearing surplus gear of varying vintage, for it's durability and practicality, but I usually lose money when re-selling genuine issue stuff I have brought in from the US or UK. Just now I had two items that attracted not one bid that are both great current pieces of US military kit that you'd pay over 100 bucks for O/S...

dr greg

One Too Many
It certainly is down here Doctor...many Australians won't bid on your stuff unless you start the auction at .99c because they hope to get it for as close to that figure as possible! Everyone loves a bargain, but I constantly have to re-list stuff because no-one down here wants to pay what it's worth, particularly on military vintage gear. And then when no-one bids on your stuff, the vultures start sending you questions via ebay with ridiculous low-ball offers...
I, like many others enjoy collecting and wearing surplus gear of varying vintage, for it's durability and practicality, but I usually lose money when re-selling genuine issue stuff I have brought in from the US or UK. Just now I had two items that attracted not one bid that are both great current pieces of US military kit that you'd pay over 100 bucks for O/S...
yep it's like the markets, they want the good stuff cheaper than the rubbish, I just did the big rockabilly festival in brisbane, had a VERY poor day, i sold 2, that's right TWO!! western shirts all day, and that was to a real horseman from NQ, if I hadn't had a few hawaiians on board it would have been a disaster...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe