Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Lisa Ho Collection.

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
Lisa Ho is an Australian fashion designer with a wonderful collection of vintage clothes. She is selling them at auction this Sunday. Here's a link to the auction & pictures of some dresses up for sale. http://www.mossgreen.com.au/auctions/current.asp?idExhibition=1209072&offset=200
246a_1.jpg
256_35.jpg
419a.jpg
287a_1.jpg

Last edited:

Mojito

One Too Many
Did you make it to the auction, Lolly? I was there and scored 7 1920s beaded dresses and 1 coat at absolutely ridiculous prices :)

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
No I had family commitments that I couldn't get out of.
I understand most of the dresses went for a (relative) steal. Is it true that the pink beaded dress (that I posted a picture of in my first post) which I thought would sell for thousands sold for $600?
Please post pictures of your purchases.

Mojito

One Too Many
It did indeed, Lolly! I almost bid on it, but was focused on a couple of the later lots. I wound up bidding on the yellow French beaded flapper dress that was illustrated in the catalogue as I couldn't believe what it was going for...same with the coat. I'll get decent photographs when we pick them up tomorrow...one of the lots we won was the one described simply as "five beaded flapper style dresses" - the photo of it online (there was none in the printed catalogue) doesn't even really show the real "show stopper" of the lot - a blue velvet dress with dense silver bugle bead patterns. And one of the other dresses I won was an incredibly densely beaded gown that - based on the construction (it's on a cotton base and some of the beads I've only ever seen on gowns coming out of France) - is almost certainly French in origin. Again, it didn't photograph well...I was amazed when I saw it in person, and even more so when I won it given the size, condition, and gorgeous work on it.

Catarina

New in Town
Wow! These dresses are gorgeous. There's a whole rack of floral 1930s dresses, so lovely. The prices really are surprisingly low - that burgundy dress above that you like Miss Sis? $61. Jaw, meet floor.

Mojito

One Too Many
I nearly bid on that one just because it was so ridiculously low - that one was as good as the photo indicated, I seem to recall, but one of the high-ticket items, the beaded coat, went to an overseas seller who I doubt knew about the condition issues - no one in the room was willing to go that high. It was a pity, as so many of the other gowns were in good condition. All our lots are good - they just need the odd bit of seam reinforcement and bead tightening, which is par for the course for 1920s dresses.

Here's a 1930s dress that snuck into one of the lots we bought that makes me think of you, Miss Sis! It's very tall, slim and elegant and strikes me as very much your style - love the bugle beaded panels:

ThirtiesDress.jpg

Mojito

One Too Many
The auction room...the yellow (bordering almost on a pale chartreuse) 1920s beaded dress I bought is one of the gowns to the left of the podium.

SAM_3865.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe