Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Hudsucker Proxy

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Has anybody seen this film? Is it any good? I had seen it at Target the other day for $9.99 and was wondering if it was worth getting. I take it that it might be funny. Is it sort of on the same level as the other Tim Robbins Movie 'I.Q.'?

B00000ING2.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1056647513_.jpg

Thanks for any reviews.

Cheers!

Dan

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I thought that it was a great flick but then I love everything that the Coen brothers write.

herringbonekid

I'll Lock Up
this was a kind of homage to the screwball comedies of Preston Sturges, and it's full of elaborate and technically brilliant set pieces. but it feels somewhat superficial and doesn't have the emotional undertow of something like 'Miller's Crossing' or 'Barton Fink'.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Mike in Seattle said:
If you have cable, and if you have IFC (Independent Film Channel), it's airing in just over an hour from now. It's channel 550 if you have DirecTV.

Thank for the heads-up, Mike. I caught it again and liked it again.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
It's a film worth seeing. I like it a little more than the above review. Just some interesting clothing and hats here and there. I think Norville Barnes is a pretty cool character, and his love interest, that fast talking career gal... she's a knockout!

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
I don't think I ever saw that movie the whole way through... the last time I saw it was probably back in 1995-1996 when I was at the peak of my Bruce Campbell obsession... I ended up just fast forwarding to his parts. :eusa_doh:

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Up until their recent dives (Intolerable Cruelty and Ladykillers) I think this is their weakest film. Some nice eye candy, but doesn't amount to much. And Tim Robbins is awful.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
LolitaHaze said:
I don't think I ever saw that movie the whole way through... the last time I saw it was probably back in 1995-1996 when I was at the peak of my Bruce Campbell obsession... I ended up just fast forwarding to his parts. :eusa_doh:

Lolita,

So I take it you've seen 'The Man with the Screaming Brain'?;)

Cheers!

Dan

LolitaHaze

Call Me a Cab
Tomasso... but why? :)

DanielJones... *hangs head in shame* No... I haven't been a Bruce fanatic since right before Bubba HoTep came out (another I have yet to see). My obsession went from 9 years of Bruce Campbell to my current obsession Chris Isaak. Hahaha I should post some photos from Halloween 2001 (the same year I went as Lucy). I dressed as Bruce Campbell for Halloween. Bruce, not Ash, Brisco, or Autolycus, but actually Bruce. Hahahaha lol

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
LolitaHaze said:
DanielJones... *hangs head in shame* No... I haven't been a Bruce fanatic since right before Bubba HoTep came out (another I have yet to see). My obsession went from 9 years of Bruce Campbell to my current obsession Chris Isaak. Hahaha I should post some photos from Halloween 2001 (the same year I went as Lucy). I dressed as Bruce Campbell for Halloween. Bruce, not Ash, Brisco, or Autolycus, but actually Bruce. Hahahaha lol

Should have seen those. Totally funny in a dimented sort of way. I think they both aired on the SciFi Channel.
You should hace gone as Ash with a chain saw for one hand and a shot bun in the other, with the Necronomicon under your arm.;)

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally