Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Hat is Back

akaBruno

Suspended
About 25 years ago... my dearly departed Daddy had me take him downtown to buy a hat. He came home with a Stetson Open Road like his Daddy use to wear. 3X Beaver.

I found it a few months ago while putting Christmas decor away. My Mom had stuffed into a plastic bag and, it looked worse than Klem Kadiddlehopper's hat (if you remember Red Skelton).

Through the help of my buddy Reddog (who's never seen w/out a hat), I've gotten it back into shape. But, that's questionable after perusing your forums here. I've just been working on it a little at a time.

I'm sure that it's probably sacreligous to some of you but, I've styled it into a Teardrop. I couldn't get into that Center w/ side crease thing.

Needless to say... I'm Really into hats right now. My $10 New York Hat Company Indy has taken on new meaning, these days.

Thanks for being there.

Long live the HAT!

BRUNO

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
Welcome to the lounge.

Teardrop bashes are great. You'll certainly find more people with fedora-ized open roads here than people with cattleman creases.

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
akaBruno said:
I couldn't get into that Center w/ side crease thing.

Oh, too bad! These guys give that bash a noble lineage:
9-4-06s9A_edited.jpg

dean

DOUGLAS

Damn Dean I'd take any of those!! I really like the one in the fore ground.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Welcome Bruno!
Heck, I took one of my Stetson cowboy hats that I didn't wear anymore anhad it converted into a teardrop fedora. I plan on doing the same thing to my Resistol in the near future. It's rather enjoyable to take a hat that hasn't been worn in ages and convert it into something you will enjoy. Sort of breathing new life any youth back into it.
When you get a few more posts under your belt you'll have to post a few pictures of your Pop's hat.

Cheers!

Dan

Pilgrim

One Too Many
There are probably a few of us (like myself) who live in the West and wear the OR with a Cattleman's bash. However, I also have an OR with a teardrop bash, and I may get another one or two that I can style more in the fedora tradition.

I would characterize the lounge's collective wisdom this way: the Open Road is one of the most versatile, easiest to personalize hat styles ever made.

Wear it as suits you, and enjoy the feel of a great hat. :eusa_clap

Rooster

Practically Family
I'm a fan of the cattleman's crease. It probably takes a little more courage to wear it in urban areas, but out in the country it fits in real well. For a city setting I'll wear my Stetson Soveriegn.
But, for everyday wear it's the Cattlemans bash for me!. This one is actually a Stetson Western Royal.
rwest6.jpg
[/IMG]

deanglen

Rooster's "cattleman's" bash looks good, and also illustrates the subtle difference between my favorite tight crimp "Frontier Army/Span-Am War" style (ref. my present avatar). I like the "cattleman's" bash, perhaps a bit tighter than Rooster's.

dean

deanglen

Bud-n-Texas said:
Hey Dean, good to see ya. Have missed your post, hope all is well.

Reasons for absence:
1) Personal issues were/are a bit pressing lately:( , and have had a direct effect, causing, among other things:

2) Funding limits on new hat aquisitions, and

3) lack of energy, materials, funding, etc. to do hat modifications and

4) Still don't own a digital camera to produce postable photos,

Therefore I have been basically quiescent, but thanks for your kind words, Bud, ;) I've been faithfully following you and the other Loungers and haven't lost interest in hats or the Lounge, and hope to get back up to posting speed one way or another as items 1 through 4 change! Keep posting from your great collection, Bud, you, RBH, Douglas, and others keep, the Lounge on the level, traditional/western/thin ribbon/high crown/broad brim level. :eusa_clap Cheers!

One for the road! Where did all these hats end up? I have dreams like this:
8-3-06S3A.jpg

dean

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally