Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Hat Gods have smiled..

Tony in Tarzana

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've seen a few J.C. Penney hats on the 'Bay, and I'd love to know how well made they are. Give us a report when you have 'em in your hands, OK. They look darn good in the pictures.

You wear a size 7? If so, you're lucky, I've seen some really nice hats in that size, including a Cavanagh with the Cav edge that went for five bucks.

funneman

Practically Family
Thanks Gents for your kind thoughts...

...better pictures and a full report on the way, just as soon as I receive the hats.

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
Nice! And what a price. Beats my $20 Open Road snag!

Marc Chevalier said:
My thought is that the head-size gods smiled down upon you! Having a size 7 head is very conducive to finding great vintage hats!
Is it? That's my size, but I never seem to see really good auctions in time. Perhaps despite being in favor with the Head-Size Gods I have offended the Hat Gods with my impertinent baseball cap wearing, or perhaps it was that umbrella hat I used to have.

Mojave Jack

One Too Many
funneman said:
Mojave, nothing beats a $20 Open Road!
Well, it was a good deal, I'll grant that! It's not very vintage, though, possibly around '63, so it's a bit stiff and I'm not having a lot of luck rebashing it. Don't get me wrong, it's a great hat; but I'm still looking for that perfect hat that I want to wear all the time, no matter what. Still haven't found that hat!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally