Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Borgias (TV Series)

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
The Borgias, starring Jeremy Irons, premieres Sunday April 3 on Showtime.

TheBorgias_iTunes_250x300.jpg

[video=youtube;58hmD2sGV7Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58hmD2sGV7Q[/video]​

Effingham

A-List Customer
I have to say... having endured their production of "The Tudors," the historian in me weeps bitter tears at this production. I have little faith that it will be anything but gratuitous sex, over the top politics, and glitzy and inaccurate clothing and sets.

Basically, it will be pretty crap.

Not gonna waste my time on it.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
Nobody throws crap up on the screen like Jeremy Irons; and I mean that in the best possible way....:)

Isis

One of the Regulars
well, the costumes look eons better than for The Tudors. But then, that wouldn't be hard to do... If I watch it, it will be for fun, not for a history lesson. Otherwise they would have had to cast someone else than Jeremy Irons, as Alexander Borgia was vastly fat. The the famous incesteous realtionships were probably somrthing thought up by the Borgia's numerous enemies. Still, it could be a fun watch anyway. :)

Effingham

A-List Customer
Henry VIII was a bit chunky, too... Apparently these producers have a fondness for casting more "visually appealing" men in the roles of gentlemen of "deluxe economy size."

Sigh.

I guess I'll have to console myself with the boobies. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe