Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sweatband disintegration help

Mocheman

One of the Regulars
Well I received my Resistol open road style hat from an ebay seller today. Brought it home and proceeded to clean it when the leather sweat just fell apart in my hands. Of course now it needs to be replaced. I looked online and the only sweat I could find were the crappy "pleather" kind. Anybody know of a place where I can order a leather sweatband? I want to sew it in myself.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
indycop said:
J.T. can you buy a hatbody from them?

Not J.T., but I know the answer... :)

They've got beaver hat bodies, but they're listed as pre-stiffened, traditionally used as cowboy hats. They list the price as 6 X $50. Black or Chocolate.

Cheers,
Tom

Mocheman

One of the Regulars
J.T.Marcus said:
Mocheman, Here's the best source I've found.
http://www.hatsupply.com/mens_supplies.htm

They do have a minimum order ($35?). I've already used up the six I bought.
If you only want one, the best bet is to find another hat the right size, cheap, and pirate that sweatband for use in this hat. Have fun!

Thanks JT. Yeah I looked at those, but wondered if they were really leather at that price point. Are they in fact leather or are they synthetic? And the min. order total is now $28. That seems like a weird number. Thanks again for your input.

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
Mocheman, Yes, they are leather, and a good quality, too. Here's one I sewed in, a few months back. (Probably one of the first I did.)

P1040004.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82