Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stetson Sovereign

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I waited almost 2 weeks for it, it somehow got lost in the mail. I didn't think I was going to get it at all, but it finally showed up today. What a pleasant surprise. Here it is. "The Sovereign"....

I love the color of this hat, they described it as Taupe, but it's almost like an Olive. It's a beautiful shade.
TheSovereign001.jpg

I took advantage of the beautiful day we're having & snapped a few shots outside to try and capture the true color of the hat.
TheSovereign002.jpg

Sorry about the shadows, I wasn't paying that much attention I guess.....
TheSovereign003.jpg

TheSovereign005.jpg

It's in excellent shape, it's a size 7 and although I'm a 6 7/8, it fits rather well....
TheSovereign004.jpg

Here's one inside with the flash and with a bit of a front pinch.
TheSovereign.jpg

Specifics....4 1/2" Crown, ribbon is 2" with a nice feather and also has a trademark Stetson pin on it. Brim is a bit stingy @ 1 3/4", but that's ok by me. :D The felt is in superb shape, no moth bites or marks anywhere, very soft and super clean. I'm very happy with this one, probably my favorite to date, besides my Dobbs 20, but I've yet to get that Disney or the Adam from Razz, so we'll see. :D

J.T.Marcus

Call Me a Cab
You're right, it's a great color. I have the Resistol version. (They're both made by Hatco, have been for more years than some of us will admit.) I love the fact that it really does look good with either black or brown. You have good taste!

Pilgrim

One Too Many
Looks just fine on you!

That reinforces my understanding of the Sovereigns - they seem to have very nice felt, but also generally are smaller brims and lower crowns than hats from the 40's. For the right person, they're a very nice hat.

bolthead

Douglas, didn't you have one of these as well, but the brim was a bit wider?
I remember searching the forum for a thread the other day for a hat shrinking thread & came across a thread Stetson Sovereign, and I believe it belonged to you.....except the pics were no longer there. :(

bolthead

Nice.....

Looks good with the wider brim as well Douglas.
Is the crown taller too? That color is nice as well, I'm guessing the more accurate color is in the 1st (top) pic.? :rolleyes:

Looks great on you in that pic.

Pilgrim

One Too Many
Interesting, Douglas. A 1945 Sovereign is earlier than any other I've seen. I had thought they were not offered until the 60's.

Learn some'tin new every day.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally