Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stargate

ClassicIsBetter

One of the Regulars
That is unfortunate. I used to watch it awhile back. I tried watching the new ones but couldn't get into it. I always liked Richard Dean Anderson's sarcasm on his shows. Hopefully someone will pick it up. For a 10 year old show, it's definitely living on borrowed time...

Matthew Dalton

A-List Customer
The series with the King Arthur theme or whatever it is started here not long ago. I haven't been watching it, partly because it didn't seem that good, part because I have to be up early. I figured I'd wait for the DVD's.

I didn't think the Arthur legend was a smart move, especially since it wasn't long ago that the "real" Arthur story was recovered and told.

I salute Richard Dean Anderson for his move to spend less time on set and more with his family, but I think it has/will kill the show.

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
ClassicIsBetter said:
I always liked Richard Dean Anderson's sarcasm on his shows.

I'm not a huge fan, but there was a wonderful moment in the piot where one of the characters talked about managing to 'MacGyver' a solution to a problem. The look on Anderson's face was a picture! lol

Baggers

Practically Family
I watched the 200th episode last week. Evidently there might have been more than a bit of truth to the segment where the cast had been replaced by younger, edger, inexpensive actors. And I will say that the "Team America" takeoff was funnier than you-know-what.

Atlantis is safe for now, but I could never get into that one.

It's a shame. I've been a fan for years and enjoyed watching the cast mature. I'd even bought into Ben Browder taking on the role of team leader. At this rate, the only thing the Sci-Fi Channel will have that I'll be watching will be Dr. Who and Battlestar Galactica when they return. Thank Heavens they never had the chance to get they're hands on Babylon 5. It was bad enough what that other network (I forget which one) did to the spin off series. They killed that one in less than 13 episodes.

Oh well, they had a heckuva run. I hope everybody saved their money.

Sigh...

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
The SciFi Channel did the same thing to Farscape (also with Ben Browder). It too a wildly popular serise and canceled it smack in the middle of things. Then, after much protest, they did a finale movie (The Peacekeeper War) to wrap things up. Bad marketing decision all the way around. They could have squeezed at least one more season out of it before wrapping things up.:mad:
Now they do it to Stargate, although it has been around much longer and some of the storylines got a tad tired, they could have squeezed another season out of it. Oh well, that's ust my two cents, for what it's worth.

Cheers!

Dan

Dalexs

Practically Family
This is bad news. While I'm not as fond of the show as when RDA was on it, it's coming along. Especially since they added Claudia Black to the cast.

The 200th was an excellant show and yes, the MacGyver reference in the bloopers was and is one of the funnist things I've ever seen.

There's bee mention that they are going to be doing a new movie/sequel, but keeping it out of SG1s reality. It'll pick up where the last movie left off.

Who knows, maybe they do a Wormhole Xtreme series for real!:eek:

FedoraGent

One Too Many
SG-1

Having watched SG-1 for all the 10 years that it has been on the air, it surprises me that Sci-Fi has intentions to drop it. Yes, I agree that it has been on borrowed time, but let's be honest...the Ori thing is really lame. I have to again emphasize the word "LAME". RDA leaving and adding Vala, however hot she may be just through off the rhythm of the show and it's continuity. I've been watching, but have not been thrilled. They seem desperate now that they know that they've been sacked and this whole Jaffa alliance dump shows the desperation. I'd hate to see it go, just like I'd hated to see Trek...Andromeda and others go but as they say...all good things. (And no that was not a TNG pun.)

Jon

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
Dalexs said:
There's bee mention that they are going to be doing a new movie/sequel, but keeping it out of SG1s reality. It'll pick up where the last movie left off.

Who knows, maybe they do a Wormhole Xtreme series for real!:eek:

Funny, I enjoyed the original movie. There was no sequel, but we got a long running tv series out of it. Ironic if now the series spawns its own movie.

Funny to see SG1 go since only a couple years ago when Atlantis started, TVGuide was touting the shows as poised to overtake Trek in popularity as the next big sci-fi franchise....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally