Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

South Pacific is being remade

Edward

Bartender
Given that it has been, in essence, 'remade' hundreds of times over with the myriad on-stage productions over the years, very often very well, I don't see any automatic reason to fear the worst... I imagine a lot will depend upon how far they adapt it for this 'harder edge'. Myself, I'd be happy with something that stayed closer to the original stage script (from which the film deviated a touch - nixing out a couple of mild cuss words in particular).

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Edward said:
Given that it has been, in essence, 'remade' hundreds of times over with the myriad on-stage productions over the years, very often very well, I don't see any automatic reason to fear the worst... I imagine a lot will depend upon how far they adapt it for this 'harder edge'. Myself, I'd be happy with something that stayed closer to the original stage script (from which the film deviated a touch - nixing out a couple of mild cuss words in particular).

Seconded. If they stick to the script and cast proper singers in the roles it should be pretty good. (crosses fingers)

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
I absolutely agree with Edward. Glenn Close did a made for TV version a couple of years ago, which, while it had LOTS of shortcomings (e.g. Glenn Close was WAY too old for the role), was not without merit. I have a lot of faith in Bob Baleban. I think he's great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe