Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Soon, I should be getting these...

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
;) ... with apologies to Douglas ;) ,

This first is an older Beaver Brand called the "Raider"...
a2_1.JPG
HHMMmmmm, wonder where they got that original name... it is from a livery & tack place not far from where I now live. It has been closed, I think, for a good 10-15 yrs...I am not sure what to expect as far as quality. I have heard some unkind things said about this hat company's production back c. 80's-90's. Duane says they have now turned it around, the price was right though and I have been wanting to try out some narrower brims... we'll see.

The second was an out-of-the-blue suprise & delight! A second chance offer, from an auction I will confess I still do not recall, to buy this apparently NOS Stevens OR-esque beauty for 22 bucks!:
85_1.JPG

2.25" brim (...looks more like 2.5 from here...)
66_1.JPG

...and the liner:
d4_1.JPG

...all I can say is; I reckon I must be livin' right!

I have another old Steven's that is my pride & joy, discussed here:Stevens Pace Setter

I sincerely hope this is as nice!

Rick Blaine

Dunno Bro'

DOUGLAS said:
That Stevens is gorgous.What is the crwn dimention?

... ain't got it yet.
Though I must say, I love the steep rise from the brim, the abrupt transition and (apparent) lack of taper. The band reads: Gold Bond XXX...
fa_1.JPG

... any notion of age or era?
When did Steven's close their doors?

Regards,

Rick

DOUGLAS

Maybe early or mid Sixties. The high crown is fantastic and the center crease and side dents look natural with this hat and the felt looks soft and dense. As far as when The company closed I have no idea.

ideaguy

One Too Many
WOW! That's one heckuva piece of hat-engineering! Really striking brim to crown "transition"-or complete lack of one-design at it's quirky best, breaking all the rules and coming out smelling sweeet. Great hat!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Gold Bond? Does it make your head stop itching?:p
Just funning! Those are some snazzy looking lid you have there. They have a very comfortable look to them. Congratulations and enjoy!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally