Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Someone got that scarce GREEN WHIPPET

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
I thought this one might go even higher. Anyone here the lucky buyer?

Green Whippet.

c7db_1.JPG

dog20

Familiar Face
That hat so reminds me of this!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c1_4ZBmKzew"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c1_4ZBmKzew" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Feraud

Bartender
dog20 said:
That hat so reminds me of this!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/c1_4ZBmKzew"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/c1_4ZBmKzew" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Don't let the auction color color fool you. I have the same hat and it is no where as loud as it looks.
Here is my green Whippet.
DSC01297.jpg

DSC01298.jpg

It is the finest hat I own.

Sefton

Call Me a Cab
Scotrace,that is a nice hat, although for a little more of the other green you can get a custom from Art.

Feraud,your hat is a real beauty and the shade of green is (at least on my monitor) quite subtle. Is it 1940s?

Feraud

Bartender
The color of the Stetson in the photos I posted is very close to how it looks in person. Yes, I believe it is that old.

The auction hat will probably be similar in color to my Whippet.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Feraud said:
The auction hat will probably be similar in color to my Whippet.

That's exactly what I'm counting on...;)

Before I bid on this lid, I contacted the Seller, who informed me that the photo was a bit light, and that the actual color of the hat was a "darker khaki green." Thanks to you, Feraud, I was reminded of your lid in this thread, and I had the funny feeling that the Whippet in the auction might well resemble your lid, which I think looks absolutely amazing.

So, although the auction photo shows a Whippet that looks a bit "minty-fresh," or ready for the St. Paddy's Day parade, I'm hoping that it will actually take after Feraud's fine lid. This should be interesting!

Cheers,
JtL

Feraud

Bartender
jimmy the lid said:
Before I bid on this lid, I contacted the Seller, who informed me that the photo was a bit light, and that the actual color of the hat was a "darker khaki green." Thanks to you, Feraud, I was reminded of your lid in this thread, and I had the funny feeling that the Whippet in the auction might well resemble your lid, which I think looks absolutely amazing.

This is exactly what I think about the hat.
It looks like you hit the jackpot. I will be surprised if it is anything less than exceptional when it arrives.

barrowjh

One Too Many
I am partial to greens, but at 7 3/8, it was out of sight for me (7 1/8). I have noticed that green hats with a reasonable size brim go for big bucks, this was no exception. I think Hatco has a dark olive, and VS a 'dark moss' green, and Borsalino probably still has some nice green colors. Good looking vintage green hats (with 2 1/2 or larger brims) are few and far between. If only I had a dime for every stingy-brim green . . .

Feraud

Bartender
barrowjh said:
I am partial to greens, but at 7 3/8, it was out of sight for me (7 1/8). I have noticed that green hats with a reasonable size brim go for big bucks, this was no exception. I think Hatco has a dark olive, and VS a 'dark moss' green, and Borsalino probably still has some nice green colors. Good looking vintage green hats (with 2 1/2 or larger brims) are few and far between. If only I had a dime for every stingy-brim green . . .
It makes me wonder how popular certain color hats were.
Either they did not sell well and discontinued after a season or they were appreciated and worn to pieces.
I rarely see non typical color fedoras in a 2+ brim length.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust