Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SOLD Vintage Stetson "Standard" for sale

Craig Robertson

One of the Regulars
This is an early black Stetson "Standard". The felt is in superb shape. The brim is 2 7/8" and is bound. There is a 2" black grosgrain ribbon and the crown is a mighty 6" when open. It is unlined. It is currently blocked in a center crease pinch front. The size is 7 1/4. This hat has a LOT of attitude!
(note: I wish I was a better photographer...but this hat is black and difficult to shoot properly...) Price: $150

stetson_1.jpg

stetson_2.jpg

stetson_3.jpg

stetson_4.jpg

Thanks.
Craig Robertson

Yes, "Standard Quality" Stetsons are excellent felt. The best Stetson ever made at the lower price range, in my opinion. 40s Stetsons are junk compared to these.

Just one word on the hat. It looks like it really wants to be in a C- or Diamond crown crease. (i.e. it looks like that is how it used to be creased. This will help the look of the hat, as right now it looks ill with the badly formed centre-crease.)

bk

Craig Robertson

One of the Regulars
Baron Kurtz said:
Just one word on the hat. It looks like it really wants to be in a C- or Diamond crown crease. (i.e. it looks like that is how it used to be creased. This will help the look of the hat, as right now it looks ill with the badly formed centre-crease.)

bk

Thanks, Baron; this hat is hand-blocked right now. It's a simple matter for the new owner to steam it back to open and then block it as they wish. The felt is still very supple.

Craig

Craig Robertson

One of the Regulars
Baron Kurtz said:
I don't think i've ever seen a hat creased worse.

bk
Okay...you've made your point: you don't like the block. I got that. It's sold, so it will be reblocked by the new owner. Lighten up. (of course, it IS a black hat!)

EVEN-STEVEN

One of the Regulars
Baron Kurtz said:
I don't think i've ever seen a hat creased worse.

bk

Kurtz - do you not see how this statement might be offensive to the person who creased the hat? Now, I mean no offense to you, but please allow me to offer a kind suggestion: we would all be wise to measure our words.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe