Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SJC buckle back jeans

avsmusic1

Familiar Face
Agreed
Unfortunately, in my experience, the width of the pant legs never shrink more than a quarter inch or so. Also, it looks like they are cut to accommodate the shrinking (i.e. the measurements listed are post-soak)

Anyway, these are still a great deal and a really interesting design. I'm looking forward to seeing some picks from you gents who are ordering

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
I just ordered a pair. I am sick of anti-virility skinny jeans with asses hanging out.

CBI

One Too Many
thanks so much for the head's up. I just placed an order. Went a hair larger as I can shrink if I need to. I see some shrinkage is built in but I have been burned with "vintage jean" sizing before. I would not have sprung for these at full price but what a savings!!!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I cracked! Couldn't resist them at that price. The Yard Boss were spot on, so it's a safe bet. The denim's from the same mill that Mister Freedom and Sugar Cane use, so y'know, that's pretty damn cool.

Bunyip

Call Me a Cab
Sloan how would this cut go on a chunky build? Everything drapes nicely on guys with your build, I'm keen to pull the trigger,but unsure if it will suit my big legs.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
The legs are wide, so I guess it should work better than a 501 or something similar.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I think they'd be pretty flattering. As Rudie said, the legs will be wider while the waist is higher, so it won't dig in under your gut. I get the impression that modern fit jeans are designed for teenagers not adults.

Edward

Bartender
I just ordered a pair. I am sick of anti-virility skinny jeans with asses hanging out.

Ain't that the truth. I've gotten rid of 501s and Lee, among many others I've dismissed without buying at all, over the year because of the stupidly low waists. I used to like drainpipes, but I'm middle-aged now...

I think they'd be pretty flattering. As Rudie said, the legs will be wider while the waist is higher, so it won't dig in under your gut. I get the impression that modern fit jeans are designed for teenagers not adults.

I get the impression they're designed by teenagers, not adults.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld