Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage linens

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Ok...I found tons of great stuff today flea marketing. Each piece was the grand sum of $1.

Pillowcases, there are two so I got the set for $2:

IMG_0663-1.jpg

Square smallish table cover, with the same embroidery on all corners:

IMG_0665-1.jpg

Small nightstand or dresser scarf:

IMG_0666-1.jpg

Longer table runner or dresser scarf with the same motif on each end:

IMG_0668-1.jpg

Hand tatted edged table runner:

IMG_0669-1.jpg

zaika

One Too Many
those are such beautiful linens!! the pillow cases are especially drool worthy.

i've been starting to collect, too. mostly from the family. lol

my grandmother gave me this one. she got it as a wedding gift from a friend who made it for her. she had a hard time giving to me, and i had a hard time taking it...but i feel honored that she did!!

2394478377_44234f7540.jpg

detail:

2395318688_ae17e3b675.jpg

TessTrueheart

That is too cute, Zaika. And what a wonderful idea for a thread, miss Neceerie, I'll dig my linens out and take some pictures today!

retrogirl1941

One Too Many
Oh you ladies have the prettiest linens! I have to many to photograph(maybe toinght since today is all about taking on the impossible). I have maybe 100 or so hankys, a WWII era florida table cloth, and misc other stuff.Lovely things!

Samantha

Rachael

A-List Customer
I recently found this at a thrift store, and loved it because the monogram is right. unfortunately, it's pink. I included a linen collar for reference.
any ideas how to remove the dye without damaging the piece?

pinklinen.jpg

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Rachael said:
I recently found this at a thrift store, and loved it because the monogram is right. unfortunately, it's pink. I included a linen collar for reference.
any ideas how to remove the dye without damaging the piece?

pinklinen.jpg

Oxy clean. Soak it in a cold water solution of oxy clean....leave it a looong time...and it should be fine.

zaika

One Too Many
oooooh!!! lovely! the card table linen is my favorite. i saw one this weekend that i nearly picked up, but didn't. i love it. if i lived in CA, i'd come to your card game.

hm. reminds me...i should photograph and post mine, too.

zaika

One Too Many
Here are some pics of my weekend linen spoils. None were for $1 (so jealous, miss n)...but I like them all the same.

My dresser runner...already in use:

DSC06658.jpg

And this was awfully interesting....

DSC06659.jpg

DSC06663.jpg

DSC06664.jpg

DSC06666.jpg

DSC06668.jpg

DSC06670.jpg

DSC06667.jpg

Foofoogal

Banned
yep, you have it alright. No cure for it I am afraid either. :eusa_doh:
Baskets seem to be part of my addiction as well.
Getting them as white as possible is a side addiction also.
IMHO vintage linens are the most undervalued of all vintage.
Amazing the time it took someone to do the needlework.
As many, many also are being used for other projects it is getting harder to find very nice vintage linens.

Very nice indeedy.

Miss Sis

One Too Many
I have a bit of a collection of embroidered linens. I think I caught the bug from my Nana who had lovely pieces made by her family out for everyday use.

My Mother also collects them - she has a HUGE stash. I mostly keep to green and orange shades (my absolute favourite colour combo) or whitework, although a few other cuties have crept in. :eek:

My most favourite is a tablecloth with stylised nastursiums. I was going to send it to my Mum but had to keep it for myself! I bought her an amazing tablecloth once with beautiful brightly coloured Chinese lanterns hand embroidered all around the bottom. That was more expensive but definitely worth it.

I agree that the work that went into these items is very undervalued, but it means we can enjoy and treasure them for, generally, not too much money.

MikeBravo

One Too Many
Not sure if qualify as linens as such. I did find these two pieces in a Tasmanian op shop

The label on one states "de la Cu", fabric is acetate. I am assuming early 60's, late 50's

100_1897.jpg

100_1903.jpg

100_1906.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe