Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Serving Guests- Pairing Cigars & Drinks

Hi All,

It's funny that when I am having a big party with a bunch of people over, I get a little unsure about how to offer cigars to the group.

In an informal small group at a friends house I'll simply pull out my cigar sleeve thing or bring out a zip lock bag and offer around, but a party at my place I get so I not sure how to handle it.

First question is the offer:

do I grab a box of cigars and offer everyone the same cigar

or do I grab my small humidor and offer a variety to the group?

Second is what to suggest to go with it?

I like to make a pot of coffee for those that would like to have a cup and a cigar.

Should I break out a selection of whiskies: Scotch, Irish, Bourbon, and/or some dark rum?

I do know that brandy is a perennial favorite with cigars so should I set those out too?

How about Port?

Selentino

One of the Regulars
John,
If it is a group of people I invite them to choose from my humidor and offer a nice port or something else from the bar if they like. I keep some nice scotch, bourbon, coffe and a nice smooth ale around. With me cigars are about the sharing and the whole experience so I would never pass around a ziplock bag of cigars but I've always been into the whole cigar culture thing. For me a nice port or cream ale go really well with cigars.

rmrdaddy

One Too Many
John,
The Dalmore did make a Cigar Malt, but it's been discontinued. I believe that James Powers still laments this fact.
I'm a bourbon drinker overall, and I do find that it pairs well with cigars, but many do enjoy Scotch, or Rum, Or Rye...:)
I wish I was in the neighborhood to partake with you sir!

Bibendum

New in Town
Greetings all

Hi everone, a newcomer to the Lounge. Been watching you guys for a while but never got around to registering....

If I may be so bold as to offer an opinion on my first posting, perhaps consider an Oloroso, preferably VORS. Enjoy!

Kind regards,

B

At the last cigar outing in my friends back yard I brought out some Cuba Aliados Diademas. We paired them with ale but the cigars were too strong of regular Sierra Nevada so we moved to Germain Robin brandy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe