Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Score!

dr greg

One Too Many
AKUBRA HAMPTON $20 on local eBay, as new with price sticker still inside, smells a bit from smoker somewhere in the process but hey, it fits.
conc059yv5.jpg

conc060jv9.jpg

dr greg

One Too Many
turn of phrase

RBH said:
Looks nice to me. And at a great price. And it fits!!!!
You lucked out!
Now I always interpreted that to mean that one had GOT lucky, as used here by my fellow lounger; but I find it in common use around these parts to mean the opposite, your luck has run out. I'm glad to see that my understanding of the term still has currency.
Etymology anyone?

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Grey Lid....

I don't think I've ever seen a Stingy Akubra before.
When I hear Akubra, I, for some reason associate it with a Bush type Hat, or definitely wide brim for sure.

Great find, I wouldn't mind owning one like it. :D

schanop

New in Town
Hi Dr. Greg,

How do you like the lid? I posted a question asking for some opinion for Akubra stingy brim earlier, but didn't get any response.

I have visited both The Hattery and The Strand Hatters and saw and tried on both Hampton and Whippet. However, I didn't decide to buy them but bought a black Camp Draft on sale for $60 from the Strand Hatters and a brown Federation Deluxe from Ron instead. I still am breaking in and shaping both hats though.

Chanop

dr greg

One Too Many
for courses

schanop said:
Hi Dr. Greg,

How do you like the lid? I posted a question asking for some opinion for Akubra stingy brim earlier, but didn't get any response.

I have visited both The Hattery and The Strand Hatters and saw and tried on both Hampton and Whippet. However, I didn't decide to buy them but bought a black Camp Draft on sale for $60 from the Strand Hatters and a brown Federation Deluxe from Ron instead. I still am breaking in and shaping both hats though.

Chanop
I prefer a slightly wider brim for general wear ( like a Sterling or Stylemaster), but this one will go well with a single breasted suit or more casual outfit. I tend to stick with stingy brims on stage as well, an Open Road or the like is just that little bit too imposing for most places.
A stingy draws less attention so to speak.

schanop

New in Town
Thank you Dr.Greg.

I am heading to Sydney tomorrow for more dancing and will try to check the hat out again at the Strand Hatters on Saturday.

Chau, Chanop

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust