Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rosey Knox

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
I don't buy many hats anymore and have actually been selling a few I don't wear. But when I walked into a vintage store friday and saw this Knox Premier with a light rose colored ribbon with a matching edge binding in it's original box in my size I couldn't resist. Except for 2 moth nibbles it looks in unworn condition. It resembles a Stetson Whippet in dimensions and style, but the felt is a touch lighter weight than my Whippet. I had to clean it and reshape it, but it turned out pretty nice. It's sweatband had the name of a local men's store that has long since been out of business.

Oh, I almost forgot to mention, hat and box was $22.00
IMG20071102_20080419_0001_1.jpg

IMG20071102_20080419_0001.jpg

fedoralover

JohnnyGringo

A-List Customer
What a great hat! And for that price, box included, it looks like your shopping trip was a homerun. I went vintage store shopping over the weekend, too, but everything I saw was far too small for my ginormous melon. One clerk actually tried to tell me I would never find a vintage hat in my size, 7- 3/8, because men were "smaller back then". I realize they may be harder to come by, but I know there's a vintage 7-3/8 out there just waiting for me. Once again, congrats, Fedoralover.

Boxerken

One of the Regulars
I'll be glad when my turn comes and I find a nice one like that in a vintage store. A great find for sure.

Feraud

Bartender
The Knox felt and ribbon color combo is excellent.

Boxerken said:
I'll be glad when my turn comes and I find a nice one like that in a vintage store. A great find for sure.
With patience and luck everyone eventually finds that perfect hat. Some of us find more than one. :)

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Dang, nice find. What a color combo.

What's with all of the great-looking cheaply-priced vintage hats lately? And I mean that in a good way. ;)

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
thunderw21 said:
What's with all of the great-looking cheaply-priced vintage hats lately? And I mean that in a good way. ;)

I was totally surprised when I saw the price tag on the hat. This was a 50s style vintage store that just opened up a few months back and it seems that the owners aren't very knowledgeable about vintage clothes. If this hat were in one of the other vintage shops in town it would have been at least $80.00 and the hat box would have been $20.00. The hat box was one of the octagon Knox boxes and it was also in primo condition.

I've never had a fedora with this type of color combo before and I'm not quite sure what to wear with it. Any suggestions? A blue blazer maybe???

fedoralover

ideaguy

One Too Many
hmmm...graphite grey suit, crisp white shirt, Deco inspired tie-not too loud.

went to my favorite vintage store this past Sat., our little college surrounded city was hoppin', all the bikers came out to show off (me too) what another year has done to us...parked the bike in front of the store. looked up, saw a sign that said "CLOSING SALE". aarrgggghhh!! ran in, place was pretty busy, saw one of the owners- I've known these folks for over 25yrs (!), and they simply had enough, sold to another dealer, and are going to take life easier.
Fine. Ran to the rear, where all the good mens' stuff is, knowing there'd be nothing left, especially in a 44R, L/XL, and certainly not a hat.
2 hours later-I had a pile of clothes that'll fill my trunk when I pick them up later this week-terrific double-breasted linen jackets,(2), one dble. silk jacket in a fine black & copper (ha!) pattern, with good high armholes even-half a dozen white shirts fresh from the cleaners about 10yrs ago, armfull of ties, bag of bow ties, a few sweaters-2 cashmere-British & perfect, a Dobbs "Cross-Country" in a med. brown- 7 3/8 LO, thankyou...
they had just pulled up about 30 min. before me, restocking the shelves with the excess inventory they had "hanging around". Never, ever, thought it would happen. Dreamt about it, but actually score? And jackets were $5.-...shirts $1.-, ties $1.-, thought I was dreaming-until a sweet young thing slipped one of my sweaters into her canvas bag. Woke in a hurry-reached in her bag & quickly yanked it out, smiled, and pointed toward the door. Silence on both parts, but slippery-fingers slipped away...
Long post, sorry, wanted to share a once in a lifetime afternoon of bliss; I still don't know where the heck I'll put everything...:D

JohnnyGringo

A-List Customer
Congrats, Ideaguy, on the find(s) of a lifetime all in one afternoon! This just goes to show perseverence is the key-just when one thinks the motherlode doesn't exist, you walk in and there it is...Pics of your finds would be nice...

carldelo

One Too Many
Love the odd Knox

That color combo is weird but cool. Now, quick, get that hat off the bed please, it gives me the willies.... (it's bad luck, you know)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust