Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Restaurant Serves Up Home Front Cuisine

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
If nothing else, it would be an intriguing social experiment. And since it's at the Imperial War Museum, I'd say that's the perfect place to do said experiment. :D

KilroyCD

One Too Many
I wouldn't mind giving it a try. If I was in the UK, I'd stop by the IWM and try a dish or two.
On a similar note, I have "The Victory Cookbook" by Marguerite Patten OBE (which coincidentally I purchased at the IWM some years ago) and have only tried the Woolton Pie recipe so far. I liked the version of Woolton Pie she described, which was based on the recipe served at the Savoy Hotel and likely to be a bit less austere than the traditional recipe. It calls for a cheese sauce, so it makes for a nice rich tasting dish. I need to get adventurous and try a few more of her recipies.
Also on a similar note, our living history group is planning meals for an upcoming multi-day event and it was decided to try some wartime Spam recipes. We'll see how well received they'll be...

normanpitkin

One of the Regulars
my mother often spoke of snoek ,she said it was truly repellent,tasting mostly of pins!!! Another favourite was barracuda,so many bones it took half an hour to eat...

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the heads up...

KilroyCD said:
Also on a similar note, our living history group is planning meals for an upcoming multi-day event and it was decided to try some wartime Spam recipes. We'll see how well received they'll be...
On that upcoming Spam-fest, KCD!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82