Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Resistol 990 XXX Beaver Size 6 7/8

Schnottus

Hello, I am selling a Resistol 990 "Self Conforming" fedora. I bought if off ebay but unfortunately it is a bit too small for me.
Pretty much everything I can tell you about it can be seen in the photos. It is in amazing shape and is the smoothest felt of any hat I have ever handled (I own 10 including this one). I assume this is due to the "Kitten Finish" shown stamped on the sweatband.
It is incredibly clean although it has a tiny moth nibble. I had a hard time getting a picture of the nibble because it is pretty small and shallow, the pictures with the pencil are of the nibble. I had to shine light from the side and turn off my flash to get it to show. Also one of the feathers in the side, the white one, is missing some hairs. Other than that this is a great hat, sweatband is in incredible shape, very smooth and flexible. There is some gold writing of the prior owner on the sweatband as well.
The brim is just a hair shy of 1 3/4" and has a raised welt built into it without stitching, I think this is what they call a cavanagh edge but am not sure. A more knowledgable person will probably be able to tell us from seeing the pictures. Sitting on a flat surface the hat is 4 3/4" tall. If you need any other measurements just ask. The color seems pretty accurate on my monitor, what I would describe as between a medium and dark grey.
I am asking $50 shipped for the hat and I will consider lower offers or even trades for other hats (size 7 or 7 1/8). I would consider size 7 1/2 trades as well since I could use a gift for one of my friends. Thanks for looking, here are the pics:
CIMG0701.jpg

CIMG0702.jpg

CIMG0703.jpg

CIMG0708.jpg

CIMG0706.jpg

CIMG0710.jpg

CIMG0714.jpg

CIMG0715.jpg

CIMG0718.jpg

CIMG0720.jpg

Unfortunately they limited me to 10 photos, if you want to see 7 more they are on photobucket. Thanks for looking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe