Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reminisce Magazine

Jedburgh OSS

One of the Regulars
I'm sure this has been brought up before, but just wanted to post a reminder about this magazine for those of you who may not have heard of it. I just came from a flea market where I got 15 of the most recent issues for $7. Some great reading, research, and photos...and best of all no annoying ads except reprints of vintage ones.

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
BegintheBeguine said:
Besides Classic Style.

Classic Style isn't a vintage enthusiast magazine... it's focus is more on bringing selected fashions from the past to today with a modern influence.

Reminisce is great for those who want to know about the past... read stories from people who lived those years, see photos and get cool old fashioned recipes... a publication that IS about the good ol' days.

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Forgotten Man said:
Classic Style isn't a vintage enthusiast magazine... it's focus is more on bringing selected fashions from the past to today with a modern influence.

Reminisce is great for those who want to know about the past... read stories from people who lived those years, see photos and get cool old fashioned recipes... a publication that IS about the good ol' days.
Hmm, I know that. I was zeroing in on 'the only modern publication I enjoy' part of your post.

Jedburgh OSS

One of the Regulars
EXTRA! EXTRA! READ ALL ABOUT IT!

Avalon said:
What decades does Reminisce cover? I'm assuming 1940s-1960s...
...and the '20s and '30s. You won't be disappointed; some of the best parts are the contributions of photos and the stories behind them sent in by readers. There's even a 3-disc DVD set of the '40s. Here's the website: www.reminisce.com The same publisher also offers Country, Taste of Home, Birds & Blooms, et al. A few years ago they offered a video on Burma Shave and its road signs, but I can't find any trace of it now. Still looking.

Avalon

A-List Customer
Jedburgh OSS said:
...and the '20s and '30s. You won't be disappointed; some of the best parts are the contributions of photos and the stories behind them sent in by readers. There's even a 3-disc DVD set of the '40s. Here's the website: www.reminisce.com The same publisher also offers Country, Taste of Home, Birds & Blooms, et al. A few years ago they offered a video on Burma Shave and its road signs, but I can't find any trace of it now. Still looking.

Cool, I'll have to check it out! I used to get Taste of Home a few years back, too, and it's also a terrific magazine. :D

zaika

One Too Many
thanks for the heads up! my mom bought me a subscription years ago when i was high school or something...and i thought it was no longer in publication.

now i know what to ask for for christmas! lol

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
zaika said:
thanks for the heads up! my mom bought me a subscription years ago when i was high school or something...and i thought it was no longer in publication.

now i know what to ask for for christmas! lol

zaika, i always feel like i have Secret Portland Knowledge for you! if you go to that antique mall in the hollywood district with all the used magazines downstairs (it's on NE 42nd) they usually have tons of back-issues for a dollar or less apiece!!!

zaika

One Too Many
ShooShooBaby said:
zaika, i always feel like i have Secret Portland Knowledge for you! if you go to that antique mall in the hollywood district with all the used magazines downstairs (it's on NE 42nd) they usually have tons of back-issues for a dollar or less apiece!!!

LOL. you are one in the know, for sure. i depend on you for all Portland info! lol i used to know all the fab spots to go to in Bend, but then i moved here...and became a recluse (aka student) and never got out much. lol

i WAS going to go to that mall, actually, on Friday but got sidetracked at house of vintage on hawthorne. they had a couch that i REALLY wanted, but couldn't afford at the moment. so, i had to spend as much time as possible sitting on it. :p

well...i know where i'm going this weekend. :D

ShooShooBaby

One Too Many
zaika said:
LOL. you are one in the know, for sure. i depend on you for all Portland info! lol i used to know all the fab spots to go to in Bend, but then i moved here...and became a recluse (aka student) and never got out much. lol

i WAS going to go to that mall, actually, on Friday but got sidetracked at house of vintage on hawthorne. they had a couch that i REALLY wanted, but couldn't afford at the moment. so, i had to spend as much time as possible sitting on it. :p

well...i know where i'm going this weekend. :D

ironically, the magazine place i speak of used to be where the newly-expanded portion of house of vintage is now! you were *almost* there! lol i also got some new/old reminisces at SCRAP the other day - they literally fell right in my lap when i was reaching for something else!

zaika

One Too Many
ShooShooBaby said:
ironically, the magazine place i speak of used to be where the newly-expanded portion of house of vintage is now! you were *almost* there! lol i also got some new/old reminisces at SCRAP the other day - they literally fell right in my lap when i was reaching for something else!

no kidding?? i loved that place and was sad to see it gone. i liked thumbing through all the old New Yorkers. lol
i can't wait to pick up some of those reminisces this weekend!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe