Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Question on sizing

squid

One of the Regulars
I've seen several Borsalinos up for auction with a size of 5 1/2. My best guess is that it is a European 55 or American 6 7/8. Or did the Italians use their own sizing for a period? And is this any indication of the age?

squid

One of the Regulars
Andykev said:
This has been covered in detail.....you can use the search feature and type in key woeds for any topic we have used on the Lounge.

here it is, hope you like it, it is a great chart.

http://www.hatlife.com/headsize.php

I had already tried that, but I don't know any specific keywords to narrow it down to less than 11 pages. Could anyone point me to that discussion that remembers the title?

And thank you for the chart.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Here ya go!

Sure thing. Just go advanced, and type in "Hat Size Chart". see what happens.

This gives you only two pages.. One down the bottom of the search results is by Matt Deckard. That is the one with the size chart. The others are general discussions on hat sizing. Your Borsalino is a medium size 5 1/2, which is about a 7 1/4. I wear a 6 in the Euro size...closer to 3/8.

PS I like the Metric the best. I am a "59"...and my shoe is a "42" which is an American "8". I like Metric measurements for many things, except for speed sign and speedometers..and in measurment like for distance. Size in clothing, hats, shoes, are easier in metric.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Good Idea

May not be a bad idea. I have notices LOTS of sticky threads that stack up on the board...it looks cluttered. Maybe a better place is the "FAQ" section, or maybe the hat reference that MD posted. Simpler?

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Andykev said:
I have notices LOTS of sticky threads that stack up on the board...it looks cluttered. Maybe a better place is the "FAQ" section, or maybe the hat reference that MD posted. Simpler?

Great idea. Either in the "FAQ" section or the hat reference. The key would be to put it in a place that is permanent, easily seen and easily accessible. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally