Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pea Coat Question

Lash

New in Town
I was wondering if there are any good websites that sell vintage issued pea coats. I've been looking at vintagetrends.com's selection, but they don't have very many to choose from in my size. So, thanks in advance if you can help me out with this.

CC-1

Familiar Face
What's your size? In the past ten days ebay has run coats from 34 to 46,
all issue, some vintage. You have to vary a few search termsto find them
sometimes, eg., "peacoat" is different from "pea coat"

Peacoat

Bartender
The coats at Vintage Trends come and go. New ones are added as they come in. As CC-1 said, ebay is a good place to find a peacoat, but you have to know what you are looking for and be willing to wade through the junk. And there is a lot of junk.

The first thing you need to do, if you haven't already done so, is to read the Peacoat Dating sticky toward the top of the Outerwear section. That will get you started in the right direction.

For the prospective novice peacoat purchaser, Vintage Trends is the only way to go as they give you the approximate year and the condition of the coat. There shouldn't be as many surprises there as there are on ebay.

Todd V

Familiar Face
Another vote for the peacoat dating thread. It helped me figure out that I prefer a post-WWII coat and I was able to find one at the right price on EBay!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe