Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Panama Hat Pics

lucas

New in Town
Here are some of my favorite pics from the Corbis Photograph Collection. Corbis is a great collection of American (north or south) photographs many of which are online. The citation and copyright info follows each pic.

PanamaOToole.jpg

On the Set of "The Last Emperor"
Actor Peter O'Toole on the set of the movie "The Last Emperor", directed by Bernardo Bertolucci.
Image: © Gérard Rancinan/Sygma/Corbis
Photographer: Gérard Rancinan
Date Photographed: September 18, 1986
Location Information: Beijing, China

Panamahatcollection.jpg

Panama Hats at Serrano Hat Factory
Image: © Pablo Corral V/CORBIS
Photographer: Pablo Corral Vega
Date Photographed: September 12, 1996
Location Information: Cuenca, Ecuador

PanamaHatShop.jpg

View of Store Selling Panama Hats
Image: © Underwood & Underwood/CORBIS
Location Information: Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands

PanamaManadvert.jpg

Man in Panama Hat
Original caption: 5/3/1939-This shows a new angle on the Panama hat. Designed for town wear, it has a lower, flattish crown and narrow ribbon band. It is along the more conventional lines but has a jaunty grace. (ACME)
Image: © Bettmann/CORBIS
Date Photographed: May 3, 1939

PanamaRaulAlarconHolguin-vi.jpg

Hat Maker Weaving Panama Hat
Raul Alarcon Holguin weaves a Montecristi Fino Panama hat as he bends over a weaving stand, placing his chest on wooden blocks. He is using stripped and dried paja toquillo palm fronds to create a fine weave.
Image: © Owen Franken/CORBIS
Photographer: Owen Franken
Date Photographed: ca. June 1995
Location Information: Pile, Ecuador
This image is distributed as Rights Managed.

PanamaRogerFry.jpg

Roger Fry
Postimpressionist British painter, Robert Fry (1866-1934).
Image: © Hulton-Deutsch Collection/CORBIS
Date Photographed: early 20th century

PanamaAlvarracon.jpg

Luis Alvarracon Makes Panama Hats
Luis Alvarracon makes Panama hats at his hat shop in Cuenca, Ecuador. Scores of Panama hats hang on the walls behind him.
Image: © Pablo Corral V/CORBIS
Photographer: Pablo Corral Vega
Date Photographed: September 9, 1996
Location Information: Cuenca, Ecuador
This image is distributed as Rights Managed.

Summer is almost here.
Lucas

HungaryTom

One Too Many
CORBIS - a new treasure

Lucas,

Thanks a million!!!!!!

Roger Fry - thats exactly the way my master taught me to paint - same palette, same chrystal clear surface, same arrangement of colors....

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Tom

Fedoraphile

New in Town
Perhaps there's a problem with my browser, but I didn't see any hats... Just the fellow weaving one.

Anybody else having trouble seeing the hats? (BTW, I'm using Firefox; also launched IE, but no luck :(

univibe88

One Too Many
Fedoraphile said:
Perhaps there's a problem with my browser, but I didn't see any hats... Just the fellow weaving one.

Anybody else having trouble seeing the hats? (BTW, I'm using Firefox; also launched IE, but no luck :(

I see 7 pictures. Are you at work? My corporate network blocks most photo sharing websites.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
Fedoraphile said:

Same here--tried both IE and Firefox. I'm at home, definitely not running any filters. IE shows the box with the red X; Firefox doesn't. Went to properties of a couple of the red Xs and got the URL for the photo and tried to view directly; still no joy.

I've noticed that the only photo hosting site that I haven't had viewing problems with has been Photobucket. The others I often have the same problem as here, for what it's worth.

Regards,
Tom

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
I've got Firefox and all I see is the older gentleman leaning over the panama...otherwise it's just descriptions and thats all...no other pics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe