Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Original Rough Wear B-3 from the AC 17756 contract

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
This is a recent addition to my collection, an extremely rare original RW B-3 from their first B-3 contract dating to the spring of 1941. It is a low production number- B154. As you can see from the photos the jacket is in very good condition without the usual wear to the cuffs and hem and the fleece is in robust condition without any repairs.

As is common with these jackets there is evidence of splicing which was done in the factory during production. It is made from veg tanned, hand dyed sheepskin giving it a typical redskin appearance. Notice the mis-matched colour of the back panels. The label is in pristine condition and it's a 42 Regular. I have replaced the original Talon zip, which was fractured in several places with the correct NOS Deco Talon. The zip slide/puller is from the original zip, as is the leather toggle. Redskin B-3s don't get much better than this!

It fits me well, although this 71 year old jacket is only for occasional wear!
P1100800.jpg

P1100813.jpg

P1100814.jpg

P1100824.jpg

P1100801.jpg

P1100802.jpg

P1100803.jpg

P1100804.jpg

P1100805.jpg

P1100806.jpg

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Fantastic looking jacket, Andrew. One thing that has put me off getting a B-3 or a B-6 is keeping the fleece clean. Given your experience, how do they compare with Irvins?

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Lucky dog, the perfect winter coat/jacket. I toyed with one myself but went the Mackinaw, Toggle Coat route. Looks marvelous and the fact that its a REAL B3 makes it even more astounding. Good pickup!

Worf

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
My concern is that because they're white (well, compared to Irvins) they become grubby looking quickly. I know some on the Lounge say that the lanolin in the fleece helps it resist dirt, but I was wondering if this was the case.

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The fleece is actually the same shade as some of my original Irvins. I try to avoid cleaning fleece jackets unless they are very dirty.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
Cool, good to know. I'd be terrified to put a vintage fleece into the cleaners for fear of how it came back!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mismichael