Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Original pocket designs

photo2u

Call Me a Cab
I am creating a pocket original designs to use as references for projects. The aim of this thread is to add images.
Here is a link of a boot pocket created from an original Buco j24.
The actual pattern was reduced electronically using my laser printer so that it can fit adequate to the room available in the engineering boot. Since I just repair a free Consew cylinder arm machine, I can now directly saw the pocket in to boot without the need of hand stitching the pocket on to the boot. The Consew can be pushed to tex 210 without a hitch. It might be able to do more, but I have not pushed the old gal. As you know, the color of leather thread and spacing possibilities are pretty much out there. I gifted several of this leather finish product to my friends who do not have a machine but had someone in Mexico sew them on for them. Funny, but some of my motorcycle friends are pretty much useless when they come to do this type of work. Which is not very difficult, by the way. Little practice and you quickly gain confidence to finish the job with pride. Lastly, I created a cleaner folded edge version for one of my friend's boy. He actually did the job himself. I gifted him a vintage 1940s talon zipper with a ball pull to finish the project nicely.

I also want to use similar pocket designs in some jackets. The pocket could serve for covering up jacket damage and or change the color or the look of a jacket. What comes to mind are the LW front upper left pockets Stu created in some of his jackets.
d pocket hh (1).jpg

Graph paper

Attachments

• 1-inch-graph-paper.pdf
    25.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andymatmar