Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Optimo Renovations of some Old Loves Hats of Mine

Lando

Practically Family
Figured I would share. Just had some hats renovated by Optimo and I wanted to show people how well they came out. I never realized just how much life you could breathe back into these old abused hats. They did an amazing job over at Optimos and I think that any renovations from this point on may be going their way.

4863643447_a334c27646_b.jpg

This was once a silverbelly Stetson 500X. I have had it for many years and worn it to death. Optimo did some nice ribbon work and put in a new crease. Dynamite.

4864262444_69624ffe86_b.jpg

Was a Stetson 5X Gambler once upon a time. Third hat I ever owned, bought for me as a gift by the woman that would become my wife. I'm very glad it's been brought back with so much style.

4864261572_fa0699e7de_z.jpg

4864261772_3d2582260e_z.jpg

Was a Resistol 200X with a much bigger brim. Now it's a tough little stingy with a whole new future ahead of it.

Just thought I'd share my renovation success with Optimo's work. I was so nervous sending these out because they all mean so much to me but it came out great.

DRB

One Too Many
It is exciting to see new life breathed into an old hat. Thanks for sharing!

frussell

One Too Many
Great Folks

Optimo just received the fourth hat I've sent them in the last two months for renovation. I had not used them before because I thought it would take longer, or cost more. I was completely wrong. They brought a stinky but rare Resistol Kitten Finish back to life, did some excellent work on a custom hat that needed some tweaking, and I'm expecting my other Resistol 25 back this week. In the meantime, I sent them a Stratoliner for a new sweatband. I debated about keeping the old sweat in (for historical accuracy), but my hats are not for looking at, they are to wear. Tiffany always calls within a day of receiving my hats, and lets me know exactly what they need. Turnaround time has been just about 10 days, like the website says. I can't tell you how long I've waited for other custom hatters and renovation centers to complete even simple projects, like a ribbon replacement, but I will say at least a month, sometimes way more, and rarely have I been satisfied with the job done. They don't send me what they "think I need," but exactly what I asked for. I will be dealing with Optimo whenever possible in the future, and would not hesitate to get a custom hat from them. Frank

Lando

Practically Family
I have a renovation with Bronco Sue which is taking a while but they are a smaller hatter so I make the allowance. I went with them for this hat because it was a cowboy hat and I wanted them to put in the Roy Rogers Crease that most fedora based hatter do not carry. I also own a hat from them and know them to do solid construction, which is more what I want from a cowboy hat I intend to abuse. Otherwise, Optimo is my renovator of choice. Worth and Worth renovated another older cowboy hat of mine and it came out really well, but I think I like the ribbon work from Optimo more. I would love to send hats to Mr. Fawcett for ribbon work as I love his art ribbon work, but I figure he must have a pretty long turn around time so I hold off. Some hats I wear too much to be without them for long lol. Great work all around. It's good to have options.

OT1899

Familiar Face
Optimo

Good to hear excellent reports on Optimo. I am waiting on a Dillinger from them now, which will be my first Optimo!

Lando

Practically Family
ScionPI2005 said:
Nice renovations; I like all of them. I especially like the character of the Resistol stingy! How much brim was cut off?

I meant to reply to this when I commented earlier. The brim use to be about 4 inches. I used it like that for years. Now it's a stingy just under 2 inches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe