Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OPTIMO Long Hair Fedora - 7 5/8 Long Oval - Like New Gray

Ande1964

Practically Family
Well, I fought long and hard to score one of the Optimos that have been offered on ebay lately. I di manage to land one of the nicer examples, only to discover that the proportions don't work for my tastes. I should have known, I guess, but my hat lust blinded me to the facts. I'm sure most of you can relate.

So, I will offer this beauty here for awhile before I try to flip it on the bay.

This is a stunning Optimo creation, in dark gray with lighter silver flecks and long hair beaver felt. Lovely, hard to come by, and very expensive when purchased from the source. I believe this hat cost $650 when originally made. I also believe this color run is gone forever. The felt is buttery and truly luxurious.

This hat is very much styled like a classic Stetson Whippet, with a slightly larger brim. Very full crown and very versatile ribbon.

When I got the hat I long-ovalized it. I also changed the bash to a diamond shape. It could be shipped as is or open-crowned.

The Hat Stats:
Inner Circumference - Just under 24"
Crown Height as Shaped - 5"
Brim Width - 2 3/4"
Ribbon Height - 1 1/2"
Hat Opening - 8 1/2" by 6 3/4"

Marked Size - 7 5/8 or 61

I am willing to sell here for less than I paid - $350 plus $10 shipping in the US. I will ship worldwide, but buyers outside the US must pay actual shipping costs for Global Priority Mail. By the way, I won this hat for $381 on ebay.

Thanks!

Anj

optimo%2001.jpg

optimo%2002.jpg

optimo%2003.jpg

optimo%2004.jpg

optimo%2005.jpg

optimo%2006.jpg

Ande1964

Practically Family
No problem, but thanks. I knew it was a wider brim than I usually like, but thought the overall proportions might work. Not so much. Just more hat than I like to wear in this style. I could have the brim cut down, but that seems like a shame. I know we have guys here who love the wide brims.

Best,
Anj

Lloyd

A-List Customer
if I liked grey hats I'd take it off you hands, but I got the black longhair whippet this morning. That makes 3 eBay Optimos for me in the last month.

Ande1964

Practically Family
E-mail sent, Steve. You might want to pull your address before spam-bots get a hold of it.

Anj

Ande1964

Practically Family
Hat is sold!

As an aside, I'll be damned if I can figure out how to edit the thread title to reflect the sold status.

Anj

slc

Familiar Face
The Optimo is even more awesome in person. I love the feel of it in my hands and on my head. It fits so well I could forget it's on my head. That Optimo finally found a permanent home. Thanks again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CLUless82