Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Older Langlitz Columbia, size Apx. 44

Algood777

New in Town
Several have asked for photos and measurements. Sorry, I’m not the best at taking such, but I will try to describe well… First, I wish this fit, because it is very soft and supple, much softer than another Langlitz I recently bought. Also has much more character. Other is a lot newer, and just smooth, and stiff, and squeaky . bought from eBay a couple of months ago and paid $390. Just trying to recover. I have a very large chest, shoulders, arms. I wear athletic sized shirts and jackets. I generally wear. 46 L in sport coats. This was sold as a size 44 and I can barely zip it. Apparently moto jackets must run small. I found and bought one advertised as 46, and it is slightly larger, but also too small. I’ll probably post it when I find a larger. Can’t believe I have to buy a 50. (If not for the ten month waiting period I would get a new custom made. Goodness knows I have spent just as much in trying to find a used one that fits!). The sleeves are plenty long though. I wish I had grabbed the ebay ad before it went away. I held onto the jacket thinking I could lose a bunch of weight, but I have said that before… The zipper is very heavy duty, and in great shape, including the insertion tab. I believe the zipper has been replaced. The cuffs were repaired, if I remember correctly, I think the ad said Langlitz did the repair, but I can’t remember for certain. No name or date inside the breast pocket. Only negative issues… slight musty smell, and lining is torn in a few small places. Jacket weighs 7 lbs. I assume cow or steerhide, but I’ve never had a goat hide jacket, so I don’t know how that would feel. I will say… it is much lighter than my other Langlitz, and MUCH more supple, so I guess it is possiblly goat. But again, I have no experience with goat, and I don’t know how Langlitz could look it up. I have two Schott jackets. They are nice, but I must say, nothing like the quality of these Langlitz jackets. I would give to my son, but he does not appreciate cool old things! So… I’ll offer for sale at $375 plus $20 shipping to CONUS. If out of the country, we’ll need to discuss shipping costs. Have to trust me and make payment if full before I ship. You can mail me a money order, or Venmo. Let me know of any questions. PM me if interested. Thanks, Allen

Attachments

• IMG_1198.jpeg
    IMG_1198.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1192.jpeg
    IMG_1192.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1183.jpeg
    IMG_1183.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1176.jpeg
    IMG_1176.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1152.jpeg
    IMG_1152.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1130.jpeg
    IMG_1130.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 14

Algood777

New in Town
Several have asked for photos and measurements. Sorry, I’m not the best at taking such, but I will try to describe well… First, I wish this fit, because it is very soft and supple, much softer than another Langlitz I recently bought. Also has much more character. Other is a lot newer, and just smooth, and stiff, and squeaky . bought from eBay a couple of months ago and paid $390. Just trying to recover. I have a very large chest, shoulders, arms. I wear athletic sized shirts and jackets. I generally wear. 46 L in sport coats. This was sold as a size 44 and I can barely zip it. Apparently moto jackets must run small. I found and bought one advertised as 46, and it is slightly larger, but also too small. I’ll probably post it when I find a larger. Can’t believe I have to buy a 50. (If not for the ten month waiting period I would get a new custom made. Goodness knows I have spent just as much in trying to find a used one that fits!). The sleeves are plenty long though. I wish I had grabbed the ebay ad before it went away. I held onto the jacket thinking I could lose a bunch of weight, but I have said that before… The zipper is very heavy duty, and in great shape, including the insertion tab. I believe the zipper has been replaced. The cuffs were repaired, if I remember correctly, I think the ad said Langlitz did the repair, but I can’t remember for certain. No name or date inside the breast pocket. Only negative issues… slight musty smell, and lining is torn in a few small places. Jacket weighs 7 lbs. I assume cow or steerhide, but I’ve never had a goat hide jacket, so I don’t know how that would feel. I will say… it is much lighter than my other Langlitz, and MUCH more supple, so I guess it is possiblly goat. But again, I have no experience with goat, and I don’t know how Langlitz could look it up. I have two Schott jackets. They are nice, but I must say, nothing like the quality of these Langlitz jackets. I would give to my son, but he does not appreciate cool old things! So… I’ll offer for sale at $375 plus $20 shipping to CONUS. If out of the country, we’ll need to discuss shipping costs. Have to trust me and make payment if full before I ship. You can mail me a money order, or Venmo. Let me know of any questions. PM me if interested. Thanks, Allen

Attachments

• IMG_1071.jpeg
    IMG_1071.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_1105.jpeg
    IMG_1105.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1084.jpeg
    IMG_1084.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1094.jpeg
    IMG_1094.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1112.jpeg
    IMG_1112.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1125.jpeg
    IMG_1125.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 7

Algood777

New in Town
Ha! In reviewing my post, I found where AeroFan_07 recently had this jacket for sale before the sleeves were repaired! No doubt it is the same jacket. Either AeroFan_07 decided to repair and then sell, or perhaps someone purchased and repaired and sold. (I purchased from different user name on ebay.). So you may want to review his older ad for any more Info or photos. He advertised as 42-44… probably a pretty accurate size description. I said 44, but maybe 42-44 is more accurate. Hard for me to judge since I haven’t seen 42 since maybe 6th grade!. Thanks, Allen

Algood777

New in Town
One more thing… in reviewing AeroFan_07’s earlier ad he says possibly horsehide. In my opinion, and that’s all it is, an opinion, it is not horsehide, I have several horsehide jackets and this one is not as thick as those, and had a much softer and more supple feel. I would be interested in someone looking at it who knows goathide, to render an opinion. Maybe AeroFan_07 is familiar with goathide, and didn’t Mention bc he thought it was not. but I do. not think it is horsehide. Of course, I may be wrong. Maybe there are horsehide thinner than those I own. Just trying to give as much info as possible. Thanks, Allen

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dickiedust