Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Officers Pinks...

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Hello folks,

I found these Officers pinks on OFAS at a store called National Capital Historical Sales.

ag_1_b.JPG

I'm just wondering if any of you re-enactors out there had bought a pair of these from this e-bay store and what you think of them.
Also, are there any sellers out there that sell the Dark OD or Chocolate Officers trousers?
Thanks for any input y'all have.

Cheers!

Dan

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Chocolate trousers are rare.

In any sort of size, wearable or not. Most of the so called chocolate colored trousers were made with the tunic to make a matching set. One pair or sometimes two. Apparently, they were required to match the tunic exactly, so when they were damaged or wore out, they could not be simply replaced by another pair that would not match the color or fabric of the tunic. The pinks on the other hand, could always be worn with the chocolate tunic without this restriction.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Unfotunately I'm just a shade too thick for 34 & below. Oh well. I found the pinks at least. But I have seen a couple in my size that went for a mint. I'll just keep searching and asking questions.

Cheers!

Dan

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
DanielJones said:
Unfotunately I'm just a shade too thick for 34 & below. Oh well. I found the pinks at least. But I have seen a couple in my size that went for a mint. I'll just keep searching and asking questions.

Cheers!

Dan

Thats a shame, jsut last wknd I found a nice pair of dark OD elastique officers trousers for $20 at a militaria show.I find that most collectors & reenactors are big guys, so the larger sizes tend to go at a premium.

When haggling, be sure to check if the trousers are button-fly or ZIP. It wasnt uncommon, especially after the war to go to a tailor & have the buttons replaced by a zip. A good haggling point as the trousers are then no longer in original condition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
actimally