Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Now Forming! the Campaign Hat Corps

carter

I'll Lock Up
Spanish Am. War item

Can anyone tell me if this could possibly be authentic

4a93_1.JPG

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
indycop said:
You are really trying to make me get one these!! I was in the 3rd battalion 14th infantry regiment ,10th mountain div.

OFAS is chock full of them in the Military Insignia section, Span Am War. But be warned, most go for 35-50+ bucks!

dean

Mike Hammer

New in Town
carter said:
I picked this up on OFAS today for $41.00. I thought it would go for more. Looks like some extensive moth damage under the brim.
d52b_1.JPG

d79e_1.JPG

and this was $8.50
0df2_1.JPG

Any idea on what I'm going to do with these?
Those railroad tracks look *suspiciously* like USMC issue. When the hat shows up, if the bars have beveled edges, they are Army. If they are just straight edges with no bevels, then they are USMC/USN issue.
I could be mistaken, but I believe the Campaign Cover is strictly enlisted gear for USMC, so the bars would be an add-on.

Pat_H

A-List Customer
Mike Hammer said:
Those railroad tracks look *suspiciously* like USMC issue. When the hat shows up, if the bars have beveled edges, they are Army. If they are just straight edges with no bevels, then they are USMC/USN issue.
I could be mistaken, but I believe the Campaign Cover is strictly enlisted gear for USMC, so the bars would be an add-on.

Now, the campaign hat is an enlisted man's item in any service. Earlier, however, it was worn by all ranks, prior to being just a DI item. At no point, however, was the rank insignia worn on it by any service.

The Marines only wore the Globe and Anchor device on theirs, which they still do of course.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
billmacsworld