Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Noggintops = Delmonico Hatters

Duper

Practically Family
I just placed a call to Noggintops to inquire about a new summer straw hat. I was surprised when it was not Cheryl who answered the phone. I spoke to a very nice lady and asked a few questions about some of the offerings which she answered very well. At the conclusion of my questions she also suggested I have a look at Delmonico's site. I asked if they were associated and she said yes. So Noggintops is now really Delmonico's. I had been wondering when I noticed Noggintops seemed to be low on sizes for many hats a few months back.

I guess the smaller retailers continue to get squeezed out over time when they are resellers of manufactured consumer products.

I liked Noggintops and hope their quality customer service continues.

KyleK

One of the Regulars
I just placed a call to Noggintops to inquire about a new summer straw hat. I was surprised when it was not Cheryl who answered the phone. I spoke to a very nice lady and asked a few questions about some of the offerings which she answered very well. At the conclusion of my questions she also suggested I have a look at Delmonico's site. I asked if they were associated and she said yes. So Noggintops is now really Delmonico's. I had been wondering when I noticed Noggintops seemed to be low on sizes for many hats a few months back.

I guess the smaller retailers continue to get squeezed out over time when they are resellers of manufactured consumer products.

I liked Noggintops and hope their quality customer service continues.

Interesting. I wonder when the changeover took place. Probably a good move by Delmonico. I'm always reading Noggintops recommendations on this forum.
FWIW - I've been in the Delmonico retail store. Friendly, helpful staff and a LOT of hats. I met the proprietor - Ernest if I recall correctly. Seemed like a nice guy. For those of you road tripping through Connecticut on I-95 it's a very easy off-on to reach the store.

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
Delmonico's is my local hatter I live about 5 miles or so from it. If I hit the light right I can be there in about 15 min. I hope that this is a case of a old tyme brick and mortar store shutting down an internet only store. Yea us. I pay more at Delmonico's so that I can have a hat shop near me.

Jeff

TomS

One Too Many
I recently made the 20 minute drive from my home to Delmonicos. I'd never been inside the place, but it was a nice experience. The staff was friendly, and it was certianly worth the trip.

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
Next time Tom send me a pm and I'll try and meet you there. I was there this past Thursday.
I talked with Mr. DelMonico and he has indeed bought out Noggintops.

Jeff

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
I noticed a change in Noggintops a few months ago, and was disappointed not to get the quick and friendly service I had had from Cheryl, so I checked thru the site and noticed their low inventory. I was concerned that they were on their way out at the time. Hopefully thru Delmonico's they will continue taking care of folks.

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
I have been going to DelMonicos for over 30 years they have always had exemplary service. Over a hundred years old and still owned by the same family.

Jeff

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
I have been going to DelMonicos for over 30 years they have always had exemplary service. Over a hundred years old and still owned by the same family.

Jeff
Well, I'm glad that if one small business folds, at least a family owned business can get some good from it. I guess it's just the cycle of life, so to speak.

TipTop

Practically Family
Interesting. I bought my first Stetson (Catera) from them online, a couple of years ago.
15321372-sm.jpg

They were friendly and efficient and the following season gladly sent some "stuffing" strips to custom trim the size for me. Indeed, I've had a plan to go there in person for sometime, but I never get over that way (at least on weekdays). Maybe a planned "Gathering of Loungers" would encourage me...if not overwhelm them!

Last edited:

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
Any member who makes a trip please feel free to contact me. I've lived in or near New Haven since 1981 when I came down to go to College and just never left the area. I my opinion it is the best city in Connecticut.

Jeff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe