Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nice original Dobb's 1940s/50s

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Here we have a nice light gray Dobb's 5th Ave Homburg. It's a size 7 1/4 and was a hat I did wear, but I recieved another one I like better so, this one is going down the road.

I'm asking $50.00 for it, it's in great shape and has a nearly perfect liner and sweat band. The felt is clean with no problems that I can see.

!Bb3PqegCGk~$(KGrHqQH-EYEquVLEsYUBKy!EDNVCQ~~_12.JPG

!Bb3Pr!QBmk~$(KGrHqYH-DQEqu28duiOBKy!EGJQ7g~~_12.JPG

!Bb3Prjw!mk~$(KGrHqEH-D8ErDbBgO2nBKy!EJN!RQ~~_12.JPG

Any takers? I have a few other hats to post so, I'll post them soon as I have the chance.

PM Me and or post to this thread... Thanks!

mike

Call Me a Cab
Rob, I'd go for it but I'm afraid it would be a bit too small on me. If that makes you feel any better. lol

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
If it's still around next week I may be interested,,,

I don't know if I could wear a Homburg or not... No hat stores around here but I am going to New Orleans for a few days and will stop in at Myers and try on a Homburg or two... I will PM you when I get back next week either way.

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
RobFedoraField said:
it's my size, and I think grey would go great with my ink colored suit, but I just don't know if I could pull off a homberg...

Well, one must remember that a Homburg is a special kind of hat that will make an outfit come off dressier then a fedora. It was a hat that society men would ware.

Give it a shot, you may be surprised. I never thought my self one who could pull off the Homburg but, I like them now!

Come on... ya know you want it! ;)

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Ordinary Guy said:
If it's still around next week I may be interested,,,

I don't know if I could wear a Homburg or not... No hat stores around here but I am going to New Orleans for a few days and will stop in at Myers and try on a Homburg or two... I will PM you when I get back next week either way.

Homburgs are special and are very classy in my opinion. A great suit for pairing up with a homburg is a nice black suit, or gray/black stripped trousers and a black suit coat... also known as a "Stroller".

hrapril1936champagneshijo5.jpg

a black or gray homburg is proper with "the stroller".

Homburgs aren't a casual hat at all... but a hat one could wear with a nice dark suit to a wedding or a more somber affare like a funeral.:( Or for stepping out on the town dressed to kill for a night on the town!

Send me a PM if it's not sold when you may think you'd like to buy it. I mean, it's a steal really!

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
Ok, I have returned and had the greatest time in an actual Hat Store,,, of which there are none in my region....

Sad to say my head shape and size do not make a great compliment to a Homburg or vice versa..It wouldn't have mattered which suit I would have worn with it.... Even the store owner chuckled and said " I don't believe it is for you sir" lol

I guess a man must KNOW his limitations.... :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HyakujuJoe